1998/99 DBR Axis

DBR1

Retro Newbie
Memory is failing me but i'm sure that it was either 1999 or 2000 when I purchased this from Merlin Cycles as a previous years bike, which would make it a 1998 or 1999 - seems to fit with the kit thats on it.

It's been in my garage ever since, only getting used 1 or 2 times a year and hence as of about a month ago (before discovering this forum!) everything except the forks, headset cap and bar ends was original - tyres are as supplied with the bike and i think its on its second set of brake pads.

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

I was amazed to find out that its officially become (almost) retro and I still haven't got around to using it more regularly!

Anyway, since the forks were fitted just after I bought it and had not been serviced since and all the kit that I couldn't afford back then is still around I though it was time to upgrade it, thanks so far to Pace (for the wheels) and MickyC (forks).

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

Frame: 1999 DBR Axis True Temper TT-Lite Cro-mo

Fork: 2000 Manitou Mars Elite

Headset: Aheadset 1 1/8”
Stem: Titec
Handlebar: Titec 141
Grips: Avenir
Barends: Control Stix

Brakes: Shimano XT M739 V-brakes
Brake Pads: Shimano XT M739
Brake Cables: Clarks
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M739

Shifters: Shimano Deore XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT M739
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT
Chain: Shimano CN-IG90
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT
Chainrings: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Time ATAC

Hub Skewers: Shimano Deore XT
Rims: Mavic X217 SUP Ceramic
Hubs: Hope Ti-Glide/Suspension anodised red
Nipples: Red anodised
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: Panaracer FireXCPro

Saddle: WTB
Seatpost: Titec
Seatpost Binder: Hope bolt

Weight: 11.8kg/26lbs

wow thats a nice machine dude. I remember lusting after the Axis R from around 95-96. Think it was blue, yellow and red but that is just a nice. Would love a mid to late 90's Axis like that one. Big improvement with the new forks as well :D

I'm sure it's a '98, a friend of mine has one too.

Nice updates with the Forks and wheels, looking good :cool:

Nice bike is it the wrapped carbon frame model?
really nice anyway :D :D
Have one arriving this week just like that 97 model 17' frame for her in doors hoping it's light enough for her :oops: :oops: :oops:
will post pictures when arrived :!:

Big improvements with the red wall tires and hubs. Would look good topped off with a white saddle IMO, but you be your own Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Back