How do i know if i have a genuine zaskar???

tinker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi i have always believed that a zaskar has a flat GT stamp on the back of the top tube and are all 6000 alloy? but this 1 was made around 2002! the seat clamp is part of the frame, but its 7000 alloy and the GT stamp is round STAMP PZ1503598 is on the bottom bot that dont mean much to me,, can any 1 shed a little light on this for me please, i would like to know what that stamp reads

Attachments

• gt 009.jpg
    gt 009.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,146
  • gt 007.jpg
    gt 007.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,146
  • GetAttachmentu8.jpg
    GetAttachmentu8.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2,146
  • GetAttachmentk.jpg
    GetAttachmentk.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,146
I may be wrong as there were some exceptions to the rule. But to me i'd say that is a faux Zaskar.

The top tube end cap is curved where as on most years zasks it was flat.
Also I thought the frame number was supposed to be on the inside of a drop out not on the bb shell.

As I said, I may be wrong, I am no GT fan/library.

true

now this is what i believe to be true, but as its a 2002ish frame im gonna get i touch with [hotwheels] as they are the main importer of gt"s to the uk and see what they say, but all the decals are100% like factory?? thanks for your comments and more are welcome

Attachments

• GetAttachme.jpg
    GetAttachme.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,096
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,096
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,096
It's a 2000ish Zaskar. It was built after manufacture of the Zaskar was moved to Taiwan and they were made from 7000 series alloy rather than 6061.

So yes, it's a genuine Zaskar but not a particularly desirable one.

Tallpaul":3g7qos3t said:
It's a 2000ish Zaskar. It was built after manufacture of the Zaskar was moved to Taiwan and they were made from 7000 series alloy rather than 6061.

Yup.

Tallpaul":1mpef8qd said:

agreed. tis nice though, just not uber nice.

charles g brye":3fk9sqdh said:
fake...these are made in china.
lousy welding.

genuine...Made in taiwan.
Welding will be as good as any other 7000 series alloy frame made anywhere in the world.

Back