2001 Kona Kula

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sam Gardner rode this for a couple of years in the top 5 of the Elite category of the NPS, a few rounds of the world cup and plenty of small victories before selling it to me to twiddle round in Expert for a few years :D

I moved on to carbon and disks :oops: so since 2006 it has been in the possession of my girlfriend and ridden about 5 times a year! Suitable retirement for a racehourse really...and I've put the saddle up for the sake of the photos!

It was one of the lightest race bikes on the circuit on its day, and would still give many of the modern machines a real run for their money :cool:

Middleburn, full XT, SIDs, proper flite, FSA risers s'nice

100_4482.jpg

100_4483.jpg

Me too...

Mind you my P7 never gets no lovin'

Does it shift well on the 2 chainring setup???

fingers":3v03fg29 said:
Me too...

Mind you my P7 never gets no lovin'

Does it shift well on the 2 chainring setup???
They're all bastards. We think they are lovely but nobody else appreicates them, damnit.

It shifts perfectly, no need for a triple in lil old England.

Chuck us a link to your P7 then, go on

Well, I like it, I'd like it even more with disc brakes fitted and a 32/22T double set-up (and 1" smaller) but that's just me and where I ride, I suppose.
I'd happily give it house room as it is, it just exudes an air of lightness and efficiency....very :cool:

Well I for one love it ;) yellow and black always looks good :cool: been looking for a high end Aluminium Kona for a while now but they just don't come up that often :?

There's a lovely 97 Kula on ebay at the moment but its too big for me :evil:

Back