2002 Tomac Buckshot Pro

bertberr

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, just acquired the above to keep my 1991 Cinder Cone company. Think it's a 2002 but not sure. ** Here are a couple of pics of the old beatie, still got a few smal jobs to do, get it set up a little better for my size/weight etc, but generally pleased with my £325 investment**
Anyone got any views / opinions, either good or bad, heresay or first hand - all welcome.
Hope its not crap when I get it on the trail...at least it's light...
Cheers
BB

Attachments

• rsz_buckshot_pro_001.jpg
    rsz_buckshot_pro_001.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,786
  • rsz_buckshot_pro_003.jpg
    rsz_buckshot_pro_003.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,785
  • rsz_buckshot_pro_004.jpg
    rsz_buckshot_pro_004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,784
bertberr":3ro0o9uo said:
Anyone got any views / opinions, either good or bad, heresay or first hand - all welcome.
Cheers
BB

It's a hideous, badly made frame only saleable due to it having the name tomac on it.

I could, purely out of sympathy for you and the Cindercone, take it off your hands for a reasonable fee.

Seriously though, top reviews and nice cnc work on the seat and chainstays. I really like the cnc yoke behind the bb :D

pics as promised, even one of the fancy CNC work - more style than substance in my opinion, but hey I'm not complaining...!!!

Cool! Did you pay £325 something complet? They ride awesome! I very nearly bough one a few years back for £500, just the frame! S#~t colour but otherwise a stunning find! Bin the Kona bud! An awesome bit of kit!
Wanna swap for my Zaskar? :LOL:

Interesting what you say re the manitou's, could well be a 2000 then. From the relatively sparse info I've found on the web, I thought 2002, but hey I'm happy with 2000 - just makes it more of a classic!

Friend of a friend bought it new (not sure how much they were then), hardly used it, and then decided to go FRS so the Buckshot was surplus to requirements. I got it for £325, replaced the tyres, put a Q/R seat clamp on it, adjusted the gears, lubed and off I went. Will swap the V8's for some spd's, and may well swap out the bars for wider ones, but other than that and bar the odd small chip here and there, it was 'as new'.

Saw a very similar Tomac frame on CRC, called the Cortez (looking rather tasty in white...) for £500, so thinking I got a reasonable deal!

i would say its newer than 2000, the number under the BB will tell more.

my 2000 buckshot is #238 and is my baby. the ride is fast. scandium tubing seems to be better than plain alu.
quick steering and twitchy, classic long and low xc

top bike not just a warmed over manitou copy

Haven't a clue how to date it from the numbers under the BB, but if anyone else can, they are:

F01091277

Cheers
BB

Back