On-One Inbred

mk1Matt

Retro Guru
Here's my Inbred. Was purchased from Robdem on here a few months back. I can honestly say it's the best bike I've ever owned.

I ran it ss for a little while, but thanks to a lack of any discernible skill or fitness I found it necessary to go back to geared, so here's the current spec.

Frame: 18" Inbred (DN6 tubing)
Forks: 2000 Marzocchi Bomber Z3 Flylight 100 (air)
Front wheel: DT Swiss rim on Specialized Stout Hub
Rear wheel: Mavic XC719 on LX hub with 9spd cassette
Tyres: IRC Kujo DH 26x2.35
Cranks: AC3 with single 36T ring
Rear mech: M952 XTR
RH Shifter: M952 XTR
Chain: KMC X9
Front Brake: Hope M4 on 203mm floating rotor
Rear Brake: Hope M4 on 180mm standard rotor (on A2Z c-lock to 6 bolt converter)
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Ti
Seat Post: USE
Headset: FSA Orbit
Bars: Club Roost Sport
Stem: Easton EA50
Grips: Yeti
Pedals: GT

I'm reasonably happy with the spec, though the wheels annoy me because they don't match! Got some Sun Big Mammoths in the shed so I might bung those on. It won't help the bike's weight problem though!

Here's some pics.

100_0825.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0828.jpg

mk1Matt":1chkyeee said:
I'm reasonably happy with the spec, though the wheels annoy me because they don't match! Got some Sun Big Mammoths in the shed so I might bung those on. It won't help the bike's weight problem though!

The wheel thing annoys me on my Identiti also. The rims and hubs match but the spokes are different colours :roll:

Nice build matey. Throw on the Big Mammas, sod the weight :twisted:

these are getting quite a following on here now. mine could do with going on a diet but it feels good out on the trail

Nice one :cool: and that is a yellow cable :p I reckon a tyre change would do wonders for the weight aren't they 1000g+?

I liked my singlespeed Inbred so much that I bought myself a 456 recently.

Bike snobs will sneer at On-one riders, but they're bloody good bikes, and when you can buy a brand new frame (with a 2yr warranty and a discount on a new frame if you trash yours through stupidity) for less than a 20yr old Orange with shoddy paint and a hole in the seat tube, they're a bit of a no-brainer if you want a rig for hacking about the woods.

Russell":2usk1u2p said:
I liked my singlespeed Inbred so much that I bought myself a 456 recently.

Bike snobs will sneer at On-one riders, but they're bloody good bikes, and when you can buy a brand new frame (with a 2yr warranty and a discount on a new frame if you trash yours through stupidity) for less than a 20yr old Orange with shoddy paint and a hole in the seat tube, they're a bit of a no-brainer if you want a rig for hacking about the woods.

X2

Looks great mate! It might be worth swapping to some lighter tyres and seeing how it affects it.

After taking the Kujos/El Gato/Missile off of mine and swapping for Continentals it made a massive amount of difference to rolling speed, acceleration and how flick-able the bike is.

If you want to try some I've got a pair of 2.4 Mountain Kings on route to me that you could pop on for a trial. They literally weigh half that of the Kujos!

Looks nice in red... :cool: Must agree with clockworkgazz, singlespeed with a ridged fork, and personally i would change tyres... :)

Yeah tyres are deffo on the shopping list. Cheers for the comments though.

I ran if ss for a few months, it was cool but I couldn't keep up with other people. At some point I'll build a full susser and go back to ss on this, but whilst it's my only bike I need gears!

Sheriff - I may take you up on the tyres offer. Would be good to see how it rides with something else on.

Kaiser - it's a normal cable bug I got happy with the heat shrink!

Back