Pace RC200 F8 New Build! With HomeMade Work Stand

currie

Dirt Disciple
Hi there, I have been mooching around for a few weeks now, i first came on by accident and as soon as i signed up it reminded me of my lifetime lust for a pace RC200/300.

So i got scouring the net and found myself this one on ebay, paid a little over the top but got some other bargains elsewhere.

bit of a long story cut short, i was riding an on-one inbred, recently a ss convert and needed my brakes rebuilding as they were sticking. Off i went down to the LBS and happened to mention my Pace frame on its way and wondered if they had any S/H forks that would suit it. Turns out the owner is a bit of a pace hoarder! and walks out with a mint pair for RC38LTs - the newer stealth hollowform ones with lockout the lot! £175 later i was a happy man.

So i went back in today to pick up the minis and get the king pressed into the RC200, and the owner says 'wouldnt it look good with a pace stem', i dismiss it cause i havent seen one for sale in ages! and out he wanders with one, in 100mm black, just the ticket! my battered prodigy and £20 and i was a very happy man!

so here it is. i already had some nice wheels and i got inspiration for M960s from scouring the net.

Frame: RC200 F8
Fork: RC38LT

Headset: King
Stem: RC45
Handlebar: FSA Carbon
Grips: DMRs

Brakes: Hope mono minis with Floaters!

Rear Derailleur: on-one singleator
Chain: KMC SLINK
Cranks: XTR M960 modified to SS
Chainrings: Blackspire 32T
Bottom Bracket: XTR
Pedals: M525 or similar

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: XM819
Hubs: CK ISO Rear, Hope Front
Spokes: black!
Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nics 1.8
Tubes: nope!
Air: yes, fresh

Saddle: USE Carbon Pro/Ti
Seatpost: ITM Carbon wrapped

Weight: will know tomorrow. its LIGHT

sorry about phone pics!

Image146.jpg

Image194.jpg

Image195.jpg

well, i have been busy!

after building probably my 10th bike in the kitchen i decided it was about time i bought a bike workstand. but knowing the reason i didnt have one was becuase all the sensibly priced ones i had seen were wobbly and flimsy i set about making one!

after an hour or so with very few ideas as for clamp i went and had a look at my bike, and my frame n forks and had a play.. quickly deciding i didnt need a clamp as they balance pretty well.

i didnt have any steel about, and didnt feel like getting mucky welding something up so i went for wood.

the pics show how it came out, its bloody sturdy, i have hung off it and theres no legs to trip on cause i dont need to ever move it.

i would estimate a cost of about £5 in bits! half a can of satin black bullsh1t spray and a bit of an old tshirt i had in the rag pile!

Image198.jpg

Image199.jpg

the sign i hit at 120mph - oops. [private road of course]
Image201.jpg

Oh, and i knocked up a bench! tougher than it looks!
Image203.jpg

Back