Rock Lobster pics

And another .

I cant get handle on the download karma on here !

Attachments

• rock lobster finished 007.gif
    rock lobster finished 007.gif
    219.4 KB · Views: 3,362
Really nice. Is it not quite a racy stance with the seat that high?

Red colours really go with the frame. Rock lobsters are great.

Questions , questions lol

This all started ten years ago , I was riding an Alpine Stars ASR380 I was getting fed up with o/s alu tubes and there back braking ride , and wanted to go down the road of a Ti frame . The Alpine Stars had been upgraded beyond belief , bar the frame the only thing remaining oem was the front XT mech .
So one Saturday I walked into Merlin Cycles in Leyland with every intention of buying an RL Ti frame . I had read all the mag reports in which the Lobster always came out the winner and so my mind was made up , or so i thought !
In I walked , had a chat with Carl , the guy who worked there then . He pointed out a School bus yellow frame hung in the window and told me to buy it , as it was a one off built by Paul Sadoff himself for Ian Cuthbertson to ride in the nationals .
At first i didnt seem to like , only 'cos all I could see was Ti frames in my mind ! But then I started to look closer at the quality of the welds , Breeze drop outs , crossbar and down tube gussets etc and was hooked !
So instead of paying £600 for a Ti frame , I paid a bit more for this total unique one off .
The bike has stayed with me ever since , rode two C2Cs , Karrimor , Betsy Cowed , South Downs etc Then got tucked away for three years due to other commitments . Seen one seperation and one divorce , four house moves numerous bad offs where my bottle was writing checks that my reactions couldnt cash !
So to reply to the question , how does it ride ?
It rides bloody sweet mate as only a steel hardtail can !!

Thanks for all your comments ,

Pete .

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,185
Back