Klein Adept Comp 2001 Jamacian Gold 5/6/2010 Update

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Heres my regular off roader, i know its half a Trek but at least this is still a Chehalis built one. I don't really class it as retro yet hence why i had to make some changes, Hope mono minis for safety reasons! Hope pro 2 hubs with mavic rims, Bontrager stem & carbon handlebar, V12 pedals, Specialized tyres and the rest is stock.

I bought this 2 years ago as NOS, a guy had imported it in to the UK in 2001 but suffered a bad injury and never used it, its a size small hence the diferent frame design to other Adept's in bigger sizes, i personally think it loks alot better in this size but i would say that being a short arse :LOL:

Attachments

• Jadept4.jpg
    Jadept4.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 10,115
  • Jadept3.jpg
    Jadept3.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 10,117
  • Jadept2.jpg
    Jadept2.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 10,118
  • Jadept1.jpg
    Jadept1.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 10,117
I got me one of them :D As noted above - the difference in shape - mine's an XL. Shock's starting to leak oil, too :(

[hijack] I bought it off Ebay recently and the guy I bought it off had an original sales receipt for it from 2004 for £950 frame only. I assume it must have been NOS.

I ride it a fair bit, it's nice, but I must get the shock sorted as I can't feel 100% confident on it until then. The frame also creaks from various parts - don't think it's cracked though :shock: I've changed it a bit since this photo - now XTR V's all round, lighter wheelset. Weighs approx 26lbs - quite good for an XL. [/hijack]

Attachments

• SP_A0622 (Large).jpg
    SP_A0622 (Large).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 10,090
nice bike you got there....

you really are going above the call of duty painting your garage door to match your Klein.

;]

orange71":aatx9g3u said:
I got me one of them :D As noted above - the difference in shape - mine's an XL. Shock's starting to leak oil, too :(

[hijack] I bought it off Ebay recently and the guy I bought it off had an original sales receipt for it from 2004 for £950 frame only. I assume it must have been NOS.

I ride it a fair bit, it's nice, but I must get the shock sorted as I can't feel 100% confident on it until then. The frame also creaks from various parts - don't think it's cracked though :shock: I've changed it a bit since this photo - now XTR V's all round, lighter wheelset. Weighs approx 26lbs - quite good for an XL. [/hijack]

Yeah i think they ride pretty well for a 8 year old bike, i'm guessing mine must weigh in at about the same as yours even though its smaller the wheels/brakes make up for it.

Mines just started making abit of a creakin noise, i think it might be 1 of the bushes on the pivots or something, i think the shock is ok.

ekiborter":5zp8f6d4 said:
nice bike you got there....

you really are going above the call of duty painting your garage door to match your Klein.

;]

:LOL: colour cordination is everything!

5/6/2010 Update

A year on and have done some big changes thought i would share them, Fox Float Forx 100mm travel, Bonttager Carbon stem and seatpost, Fizik Gobi saddle, and now running full XT M750/760 series.

Only parts that are stock are the frame, rear shock, headset and grips, sadly my yellow to red fade cable tie on the seat stay broke hence the out of place white one.

Attachments

• Jadept1.jpg
    Jadept1.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 9,505
  • Jadept2.jpg
    Jadept2.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 9,505
  • Jadept3.jpg
    Jadept3.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 9,505
looking verrrrry nice in it's new guise :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thought I recognised that stem in the original pics ;) :LOL: :cool:

Creaking noises

Lovely bike! I got mine in 2002 (2001 model, reduced) and have been riding it ever since. Just thinking about upgrading forks now (long overdue!).

Re the creaking noise - I had this problem after several years riding - the problem was the pivot point bushings. Got them replaced and it's been fine ever since.

In fact, I found this thread as I'm hunting for a source to buy some replacement bushings. Not needed now but would like some in stock in case of future need, as I intend to keep riding the bike as long as it holds up.

Can anyone help with a source?

Latest posts

Back