Anniversary Clockwork

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well I've finally started it :roll: the plan was to build a bike that I don't mind wrecking :LOL: I've started going to Afan Argoed quite a lot and its started to take its toll on some of my better bikes :?

So I wanted a solid dependable frame that will take everything I can throw at it, that I didn't mind throwing in the back of a van at the end of a day with a pile of other bikes on top :shock:

The trouble with that plan was I didn't reckon on how good XTR looks on a dayglow orange frame :LOL: but I seem to have ended up with a fair bit of 952 XTR so it might as well go on something :cool:

It needs a black seatpost and I'm desperately seeking some RC36 EVOs so I'm not cutting the steerer down yet but I do like a rigid bike so the RC31s will do for now ;)

tb1.jpg

Orange

It looks like a good start to a 'junker'. ;)
I don't know how many times I've started to build a bike to be a 'everyday' bike and it ended up like a show bike.

Nice Idea. XTR is way posh for a 'junker' Its a hard to straddle compromise for a bike enthusiast, ya want to not care about abuse/theft/status, but want it to do its job, and look smart. I tend to be precious about all my 'oldjunk' - even when it actually is!

Well I was going to put modernish XT throughout which would have been more sensible but I'd have to buy it, so I figured the XTR is just sitting there getting dusty and it seemed silly to just keep it in a cupboard rather than use it :?

Plus I wanted it built for this weekend as I've got a silly 70 mile ride planned :LOL:

Aye makes sense :cool: you can always downgrade later! :D

So long as bits are not rare, fragile or over shiny, or in the eyes of a tea leafs its all good :cool:

Back