KONA Pahoehoe Year 2000

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Ok !, I feel like am doing the wrong thing by posting pics of my newer bikes on my fav site :roll:

This is my long standing year 2000 Kona Pahoehoe, its 17" with Easton Ultra lite tubing, It has seen many upgrades and this is it today, I did ride it once upon a time in original guize with avid arch rivals and risers !

Its best bit is the glow in the dark decals and grips :cool:

Frame: 17" Easton Ultra Lite
Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z3 Fly weight

Headset: WTB Greaseguard
Stem: Kore
Handlebar: Kore
Grips: Kona Glow

Brakes: Hope M4 front / Mono Rear

Shifters: LX
Front Derailleur: LX
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Cassette: Sram PG990 Red
Chain: Sram
Cranks: XTR HT 11

Pedals: SPD

Hub Skewers: XTR
Wheels: Shimano WH-M575 16 spoke
Tyres: Onza Porcs

Saddle: Bontrager
Seatpost: Planet X 27.0

Cheers

May2009021.jpg

May2009024.jpg

May2009025.jpg

May2009022.jpg

May2009023.jpg

May2009026.jpg

May2009027.jpg

May2009028.jpg

May2009029.jpg

Love it

Really nice, apart from those shimano wheels, I just don't like them. Apart from that super bike. A couple of questions, how tall are you, and did you have to drill out the cable stops to run the rear disc hose along the top tube.

Re: Love it

jupiter":2903dvu4 said:
Really nice, apart from those shimano wheels, I just don't like them. Apart from that super bike. A couple of questions, how tall are you, and did you have to drill out the cable stops to run the rear disc hose along the top tube.

Marmite wheels :LOL:

No the frame was disc ready as STD and came with sleeve adapter things for the vee's . I am 5.9

Cheers

Thanks for the info, I have a 2001 Pahoehoe (gold colour) which I am rebuilding also size 17". I looked at the top tube cable guides, still have the metal sleeves for the brake cable, but always thought they would be too small to fit a hydraulic hose through. Still need to find a 27.0 seatpost in black with layback, I have a Raceface XY in silver, so maybe go with all silver rebuild. Has to be flat bars now that I have seen yours.

pahoehoe

hi there,

was there a time when the frame was faced, meaning the BB face leveled for hollow tech 2 system? just wondering as i have xt mech waiting to fit & needed to know without going to the bike store to check with a gauge?

give us a idea of this, ta bro.

brett ;) :D :D

Hi Brett,

as it left the factory dude, I had it with the original race face prodigy & square taper shimano bb before I replaced with XTR HTII, hope that helps chap :cool:

Cheers

J

Gravy Monster":11dzirtl said:
Hi Brett,

as it left the factory dude, I had it with the original race face prodigy & square taper shimano bb before I replaced with XTR HTII, hope that helps chap :cool:

Cheers

J

Build is underway, i have it ready in a few days, just waiting on some wheels.

Reason I asked after the face issue was if BB faced it runs smoother & BB life is longer, so contact is stronger.

Faster harder stronger longer.....eating M&S ice-cream from the larder! :twisted:

Gravy Monster":2yxgq1je said:
jupiter":2yxgq1je said:

No the frame was disc ready as STD and came with sleeve adapter things for the vee's . I am 5.9

Cheers

I love the wheels BTW...

nice build

:D :D

Gravy Monster":xhxihyfn said:
jupiter":xhxihyfn said:

Cheers

I love the wheels BTW...

nice build

Gravy Monster":2b16fbim said:
jupiter":2b16fbim said:

Cheers

I love the wheels BTW...

nice build

Back