2009 Kinesis Decade Prestige - in SS mode

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Gentle maiden voyage for the Kinesis through Manchester city centre this afternoon - shaking down the freshly assembled frame and the eclectic parts mix I had available to complete.

Took the opportunity to deliver OWMTBC posters to all the decent bike shops in town. Seems riding an SS gains you acceptance pretty much across the board, with long chats about Retrobike and the upcoming SSUK race with the gents of Harry Hall Cycles, in particular.

Picked up the Deadmau5/Calvin Harris 12" - already an OWMTBC theme tune in the Blauwe Pan - before meeting up with the long suffering Mrs K for afternoon tea in the Northern Quarter.

Mr K

Attachments

• Romans.jpg
    Romans.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 4,408
  • Avant Time.jpg
    Avant Time.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,408
  • Urbis.jpg
    Urbis.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4,311
  • Castefield Kinesis.jpg
    Castefield Kinesis.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 4,311
Nice one. very scenic pics too.

One of these could be the way forward if I do another modern. (arrgh) Does it ride nice? you've had a lot of bikes so would be interesting to know. :cool:

was about to deride your modern rig with it's discs and big forks then noticed future PoTY right there - with teh Avantime and skyscraper. Then saw it was runner up against the horse grafitti pic.

Nice :cool:

Hey MrK, how are you getting on with this? Spotted one in Cycle Surgery last week, and the DMR dropouts took me to a Eureka moment and got me thinking about one again. Basically a lighter Trailstar then will slightly better geometry. The chap in Singletrack mag (who's also local to my home town) has thrown some long forks on to really exploit its versatility.

reanimation":hx031gzx said:
Hey MrK, how are you getting on with this? Spotted one in Cycle Surgery last week, and the DMR dropouts took me to a Eureka moment and got me thinking about one again. Basically a lighter Trailstar then will slightly better geometry. The chap in Singletrack mag (who's also local to my home town) has thrown some long forks on to really exploit its versatility.

The Decade is quite a chunk lighter than the Trailstar, being made from Tange Prestige rather than 4130 Cro-mo. The frame is really designed around a 100mm travel fork.

Thanks Chris, One of these is still on my short list for an upgrade to a grown ups modern bike! :D I joined your FB group aswell during my research! :D Guy in ST mag said it lifted BB up and slackened angles and really liked it, forks are a bit of a variable science in them selves though, make, model, sag, design, length, character.

Agreed! i mean i'm running my Decade with old RC31's which are too short really but it feels great with them on! Let me know if you buy one.

Back