my Thorn raven enduro 853 ss (it looks retro ish)

toadoftoadhall

Retro Guru
Hi all i have just picked up a s/h thorn raven enduro frame from robin this morning i have been after one for sometime (since i worked at SJSC 8 or so years ago) as it was a enduro model it was disc only onthe rear but after 15 minutes in the well equiped frame shop i whad brazed on some canti bosses,so after a very nice pub lunch i striped the SS clockwork (i know ive said to friends i would never strip it for a new build) and built up this i know its not a retro F+F but the parts are.
APRIL09219.jpg

APRIL09222.jpg

APRIL09230.jpg

Cool. What are those forks? I saw an older gent on a flat barred tourer in Cardiff the other week, it had those forks or very similar. I didn't catch the frame make as he zoomed off from the lights and I had too turn left :(

Nice job with the cantie bosses... And Aston seems to like the bike :D

I have always liked the Raven Enduros... Are you going to pop the frame back in to SJSC for a new coat of paint and decals?? I would...

Re: .

Grannygrinder":29hr86gp said:
Cool. What are those forks? I saw an older gent on a flat barred tourer in Cardiff the other week, it had those forks or very similar. I didn't catch the frame make as he zoomed off from the lights and I had too turn left :(
The forks are thorn Mt.-Tura made from reynolds tubing for Thorn cycles

stoner":m32wh1zi said:
Nice job with the cantie bosses... And Aston seems to like the bike :D

I have always liked the Raven Enduros... Are you going to pop the frame back in to SJSC for a new coat of paint and decals?? I would...
Nah im still smug about my brazing after 8 years or so from it.

chris667":2z4736ow said:
Very nice.
How do you find the eccentric BB to live with?
Very easy its just 2 bolts to undo and pop a allen key into the hole bored into the side to turn to adjust its so simple and works.by the way its a 73 x 110 for a low pro stx rc

Just think Toadie... You have a one off custom frame there how many more do you know of that have cantie bosses??? :D

Thorn Raven Enduro Custom...

Back