2005 Specialized S-Works Epic

Santercruz

Retro Guru
Well here's my latest ride, and having thrown it down the Dog on Cannock Chase all I can say is I feckin love it to bits..

Was a wee bit knackerd when I first got my hands on it but some spit and new bits and bobs and bobs a happy man.... and so's bits.

Not very standard, much younger than my other bikes but sweet Jesus it's some ride.

DUC32 forks
X.O rear
X.9 front mech & shifters
NC-17 post
Toupe saddle
Hope hub rear Mavic rims F&R
Crank Brothers Cobalt SL Cranks & Cobalt SL BB
Hayes Stroker Carbon brakes

Attachments

• epic.jpg
    epic.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 3,113
  • epic1.jpg
    epic1.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 3,113
this is the best bike I have rode bar none. The 'brain' rear shock is very very good, solid uphill and sweet hammering the chain slapper downy bits. The fork looks an over kill to some but I love it, 4" for the ups and 6" for the downs.
This is a keeper!
The last bike I said that about I kept for 19 years! :D

Doesn't the long forks mess up the ride? I mean, the Epic geometry is designed for 80-100mm forks. My wife has 100mm Fox on her Epic and I think even that fork raises the front end quite much.

Archangel":30h4oazn said:
Doesn't the long forks mess up the ride? I mean, the Epic geometry is designed for 80-100mm forks. My wife has 100mm Fox on her Epic and I think even that fork raises the front end quite much.

+1. Lovely frames, not sure they need such long forks though.

I haven't rode a standard Epic, but for the up hills these lock off to 100mm.. for the rest the 150 seems to work a treat!

On tough technical uphills that get VERY steep the front can get a bit under weighted, but not to the point that it's unusable.

It's my ultimate set up. I love my retro bikes for what they are, it's evolution, they are supposed to ride the way they do because it was their time to do what they do.

But as an all rounder for a long day out and smiles per mile at speed, this one just feels so right..

Ive fallen out with my epic of late. I crashed it at the FOD, my fault totally but I cant help feeling the bike gives me more confidence than is safe for me to feel :p

I can get where you're coming from, bet you had a big ol' grin on just before the wipe out though?

If you don't fall off now and then, you don't know how much fun you could be having!!. :p

Back