2000 San Andreas

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Mocked this up thismorning to check it out for size and weight etc, the conclusion is it's a friggin monster :shock: , with the Monster T's (these are 13.5 lb), Hope C2 discs and Big-Un hubs, downhill rims and cranks it's already no lightweight, weight is probably comparable to most modern downhill/freeride rigs though.

It does feel a handfull though, i'm 5'7" with stumpy 30" legs standover height is non existant and getting onto it feels like getting on a horse :LOL:

Going to get it riding though and see how i get on with it, it'll be absolutely no use for the local trails around my town, just no downhill sections to justify it, be handy for jumping off stairs and terrorising shoppers in the town centre on a saturday afternoon though :twisted:

sananfront.jpg

sananside.jpg

Had problems so far converting the front hub to through axle, got a "conversion kit" for £16 from CRC which consisted of two plastic cones despite their description saying it was "everything needed" :roll:, then spent a tenner on a pair of bearings but these dont fit the cones :x , i'd have been better buying a new through axle hub or an already converted wheel :roll: , going to take the bits to my local bearing place to see if they can help.

Super cool :cool: looking really mean :D the bars go well with the stantions

00 MC San Andreas

putting this in your profile and it will link folk to this thread.

Amazing bike, could you not lower the flite and post to make it less horse like?

Cant wait to have a go- why not SS and use it in the SSUK at dalby?

are you sure it's a 2000 - my 2001 10th anniversary one didn't have the sealed bearing pivots?

clockworkgazz":1gca2486 said:
00 MC San Andreas

putting this in your profile and it will link folk to this thread.

Amazing bike, could you not lower the flite and post to make it less horse like?

Cant wait to have a go- why not SS and use it in the SSUK at dalby?

Cheers man ;) , no go with lowereing the saddle the bottom bracket is mega high, with the saddle the height it is my legs are far from fully extended when riding, what makes it feel horse like is the height of the frame.

Be ok if it goes like Seabiscuit though :LOL:

Bars are Renthal MX ones, bought them years ago, recommended by a mate who kept breaking mountain bike bars as they are indestructable :LOL: , they come about 29" wide, these are cut down about two inches.

orange71":w7r505w5 said:
are you sure it's a 2000 - my 2001 10th anniversary one didn't have the sealed bearing pivots?

Not sure, it was sold to me as a 2000, i seen someone mention they did two versions in 2000, one with sealed bearings and one without, only guessing though.

Back