18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys ,

Been looking for a Hand built Tom Ritchey P20 mountain bike , for what seems an eternity :( but finally , thanks to a very kind retrobike member called Bas :) AKA Defiant. :)

.... an exchange of appropriate funds :shock: :D :) and one UPS Delivery later , the arrival of my dream bike is finally here :) :) :p :p

P1020165.jpg

This Beautiful machine has been weighed and comes in at 19.6 pounds without cranks .:) :D needless to say its like a whippet :) unfortunately the owner is not :( :LOL:

Have a look , let me know what you think :)

nice Si!

Looks great with the original ritchey Logic fork in it
good luck with it
make me proud! ;)

Bas

lovely :D not sure about the cranks though - bit fat for the tubes - but were you hinting they wouldn't be staying anyway?

orange71 Wrote :

lovely not sure about the cranks though - bit fat for the tubes - but were you hinting they wouldn't be staying anyway?

:);) Thanks fella, No.. the cranks,shifters,front mech,rear mech,chain,cassette,grips,brake levers,bottom bracket,headset,stem,seatpost,and seat :) :LOL: :LOL: wont be staying ;)

Defiant wrote :

Looks great with the original ritchey Logic fork in it

Thanks a million bas, they look and ride spot on ;) they feel, like a knife through butter, so accurate and pin sharp :) however they will be changed every now and again, (Pending terrain) for something a bit more plush ;) :shock: :LOL:

Really nice frameset! Luckily you'll be changing the modern parts since they don't fit it at all. May I suggest XT M735 + as much Ritchey Logic as possible?

Archangel wrote :

Really nice frameset! Luckily you'll be changing the modern parts since they don't fit it at all. May I suggest XT M735 + as much Ritchey Logic as possible?

:) thanks :) its lovely ;) I sort of disagree 'with the modern parts dont fit at all' comment.

As I think function over form is sometime the best option, the shifting is super sweet and crisp , the cranks, although dont look right aesthetically , they are stiff and direct :), this bike was aimed as a race bike BITD ;)

So function over form and all that.. ;) the frame and wheels are always the heart and soul of any bike, the bits are just tools :) and also sometimes, rather than use the NOS retro period correct parts and ruin them, use New school throwaway parts :) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Er ! ... and sorry but Shimano M735 is too old for this P20, and not period correct ;) for this frame.. ..

A full Superlight Logic WCS and other ;) parts will be adorning this frameset on dry days :)

That's on my 'got to have' list as well.

That list is only growing since I signed up here... :roll:

Magma
Fat

Great frame and fork...personally i don't like the newest part (shimano craankset and sram x 0 rear derailleur in particular)....you've a big part of mtn bike history! Compliments!

Some great pics :cool: but better in the flesh, looking forward to this one :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back