Scapin Rudolf 2001

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Rarely seen on retrobike, an italian steel manufacturer model

Scapin Rudolf 2001 in Columbus Foco

nice confortable frame but steel quite thin so prone to "dings" :?

needs a bit of tidying up ;)

do not like these 4 arms cranks !

scapin009.jpg

Nice one, like the seat stays a lot. Not so fond of what appears to be a aero shaped? big downtube.

Agree with you re the cranks, it needs a set of 5 arm Turbines imho.

Enjoy!!

As Italian...I'm proud of such products....unfortunately Scapin Bikes have been sold to Olympia (another italian brand which buy frames in taiwan or china and only put the stickers on it) 2 years ago and now Scapin bikes are poor clones of taiwan made bikes....so keep your frame with you...Italian "artigianato" is dead!

sdg71":3hni4aiv said:
As Italian...I'm proud of such products....unfortunately Scapin Bikes have been sold to Olympia (another italian brand which buy frames in taiwan or china and only put the stickers on it) 2 years ago and now Scapin bikes are poor clones of taiwan made bikes....so keep your frame with you...Italian "artigianato" is dead!

This explains the carbon and scandium frames which I thought looked out of place in the line.

I bought a Bandit a few years ago and it was the most beautifull finished frame I have ever seen in the flesh, but unfortunately it was too small. :oops:

hardly ever seen outside of Italy these bikes !

a few can be found there in ads ( but you'd better speak italian with bike vocabulary at hand ;) )

but prices are quite high because of very high prices new
apparently new rudolf was in XT disguise more than 3000 euros and XTR more than 4000 euros, 6 or 7 years ago ! :cry:

shipping by regular post office is also very costly from Italy , unless our italian friends give us a reasonnable alternative ;)

I was sitting in a Cafe near the bridge at Bassano a few years ago and quite a few Scapin's went past.

Nice spot for bit of "talent spotting".

bass-ponte-a.jpg

There was also a lovely Ritchey (and a couple of Lambo's and Ferrari's).

My wife though it funny I was more excited by the bikes and cars than by the babes.... ah bless.

messiah":3p8kl1k2 said:
I was sitting in a Cafe near the bridge at Bassano a few years ago and quite a few Scapin's went past.

Nice spot for bit of "talent spotting".

bass-ponte-a.jpg

There was also a lovely Ritchey (and a couple of Lambo's and Ferrari's).

My wife though it funny I was more excited by the bikes and cars than by the babes.... ah bless.

And you didn't take your bike up to the "Cima Grappa" the moutain over Bassano with its 30 kms of steepest hills? Oh what a pity....

ps I've been in Aberdeen 5 years ago in a Tour all over Scotland...nice place!

Back