Pace RC200 F8 red and green

Birdman

Retro Guru
Before Christmas I posted up that I'd acquired a red F8 frame and asked the question as to coloured build kits. I think the concensus was to avoid red, and black would be best, oh well :D
Just finished building her up, thought you might want to see how it went.....

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

The build has mainly been parts from ebay, stuff found in the garage or mates (so happens a friend of a friend is a Hope sponsored rider, hence the limited edition team green stuff :cool: ). New bars, chain and SLX shifters. A few bits to sort, need new lockout lever grips from Tim, and I'm not happy with the cable runs yet, plus the isis BB is on the way out.

So far I've only had a quick spin around the street, but if all goes to plan I'm racing tomorrow at the Gorricks, and she'll be the race weapon of choice from now on.

Very nice!

I'd ditch the ISIS BB once it fails, they're utter trash, get yourself a SLX chainset to match the shifters ;)

I like the green stuff, but theres soething about the bike that doesnt quite sit right, I think its the forks...odly.

Just got in from thrashing round the Gorrick race, everythings still working except the forks which don't seem to take more than 70psi in the positive chamber, so I think I'll review what I'm doing on that front.

I did think about getting an older set of RC36s with a bit less travel, but the RC38s were already in the garage from other builds. Don't know if the frame can really take 100mm travel but as I was running about 30mm at the race I can confirm that that made steering rather sharp :shock:
It is very fast though :twisted:

Back