Dyna's ever changing torus

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
NEW PICS!!! On the last page ##

Here's my one and only bike ,remade without the bling
I've mostly stuck to the silver/black combo as suggested by other members,must admit ,it does look a whole lot better :D ,
Im having problems dating the frame,the No is H36134 and i was thinking that it would make it 97,[ 00=a,01=b etc etc]
The Xt M-739 groupo runs from '96-'98
The bonty wheels are from '98
The judy's are '01[i think],but im changing the lowers to sid blue,so that will look more in keeping
the odds 'n' ends are i think from about that time as well['96-'98]
It's mostly complete now ,except for the bars ,seatpost and seat clamp need to be changed to Kore ,to match the Kore stem and pedals on it at the mo'.
A blue flite would be a nice find to compliment the overall colour[hint :D ]
And the tyres would ideally be white porcs or amber w/grippers other than the bonty revolt super x's that are on it.
white would be my choice :cool: they'd really go well with the blue
Any thoughts ?
Dont be bashful :LOL: :LOL:

Just one other niggle-im unsure if the rear mech cage is the right length ,is it me or does it look too long :?
would a medium suit better ?,its best seen in pic 2 The angle the chain touches the big ring seems too steep to me

Attachments

• Torus Titanium XT 008 (Large).jpg
    Torus Titanium XT 008 (Large).jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 2,992
  • Torus Titanium XT 004 (Large).jpg
    Torus Titanium XT 004 (Large).jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 2,993
wow, looks way better!
i wouldn't change the judy lowers as the sid blue will be a total mismatch with the metalic blue frame. kore bars, seatpost and seat clamp are a good idea. looking forward to see the purple handlebar gone. :)

Thanks everyone ,that is great feedback,bars will go as soon as someone offers me a Kore bar in the same condition as a straight swop ;)

The blue lowers are quite a good match to the frame,it isnt perfect but its pretty close,and i dont want to lose my idea for a pic for botm-a mostly blue bike in a field of Scottish bluebells :cool:

I wasnt intending to put decals on the frame or forks...................Except for the small 'retrobike' ones on the mono stay

I also think the stem could be a bit thinner ,if the proper 30mm seatpost was in it would match better,at the moment it looks too fat
The original seatpost was 30mm but the last owner used a smaller shim with a 27.2 ,and the top at the clamp is bent in a mil or two so i cant get the 30mm post in
Any suggestions??
im taking it up to a local frame builder to see if its worthwhile 'gently straightening the seat tube back to 30mm ,could prove costly :roll:

Ach,cant be long now :D

Boy ,do i wish id kept my white porcs :roll:

I'd go for a Kore riser personally, I just don't like flat bars.
I'll just sit back and wait for 'the anti-riser league' to send hate mail :twisted:

xizang":1v078mfs said:
I'd go for a Kore riser personally, I just don't like flat bars.
I'll just sit back and wait for 'the anti-riser league' to send hate mail :twisted:

I looked at a riser too ...............[sorry it was a brainstorm :oops: ]
But quickly put it out of my mind for much the same idea.

I'm pushing my luck as it is ,with '98 kit on a '97 frame :shock:

The '01 fork is a bridge too far for some,so im hoping to disguise it by changing the lowers to plain blue without decals

;) might slip through unnoticed ;)

---------------------------------------------------
I've got a pair of black risers to hand.........now i wonder................. :roll:

Hi Dyna likin the changes :D

is your front skewer fitted correctly?

Back