97 GT Karakoram *DROPpED* (modern group)

pistol13

Retro Guru
Ok, here is the latest incarnation of my karakoram, Bought it as a frame about 18 months ago and i can honestly say it has done everything i have asked of it!
I've had it fully loaded for touring, slicked up for road and everything else inbetween. This setup though is a keeper,Full 4130 frame and forks, Midgebars(highly recommended), Full deore groupset, Mavic rims, Suede turbo, Barend shifters etc.
When i first bought it i was not so keen on GT's but i can tell you these bikes are work horses, very strong and a forgiving ride. Go and get one!

000_0456.jpg

000_0459.jpg

I like to ride on the hoods, so i don't think those bars are for me.

But, that aside, it's looking good. Drops on an MTB frame look so cool, i know there are some haters out there, but your bike rocks. :LOL:

How do you get on with those levers and V's?

That is nice, proper job. Ordinarily I hate those tyres but I think you've pulled it off, just the right amount of red accent. Position looks usable too, how do you find the brakes? I would be tempted to try a bar top design I think?

Cheers gents,

Bike Hoarder said:
I like to ride on the hoods, so i don't think those bars are for me.

Bike hoarder these are perfect for riding on the hoods and are super super comfy you really should try them.
The brake levers are made by tektro and are designed for v or cantis with the push of a button to give more cable pull etc. They are very powerful but must admit that you need strong hands to brake hard from on the hoods.
Kaiser i tried some cross tops but ran into probs with the v's cable pull. Would work great with cantis though.

Back