GT Lightning weight weenie progress

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
The Lightning is coming on nicely! Just needs a CD 34t ring in Silver to finish the RAF Patriot chainset, Brakes now Avid Sl Ti with Venhill Ti Bolts, perfect colour match to the frame! FSA Ti BB, infact all bolts Venhill Ti, wheels could be a bit lighter, but not bad with Parallax hubs and 217 rims DT DB spokes, Ti axles. Mechs- front rare silver XTR 900 and rear Dura ace triple. Pedals are Wellgo Mags, with Ti axles(sub 300g/pr) There's more to shave if needed but 18 pounds is getting light! Can't make my mind up on the Tyres, got some Butterscotch Psychos, but think Grey would be better?

LighteningTi002.jpg

LighteningTi003.jpg

Looking fantastic and the weights impressive too :shock: FWIW I reckon the speed kings look great though umma gumma's look the biz with Ti. How weenie are you gonna go? Saddle and fliplock could shed some grams and as you say wheels?

Light

May look for a Campag collar and some lighter wheels, its all down to how retro I wanna stay really. I nearly bought some KCNC V brakes, but the Sram levers are only 145 the pair and the Grit Ships are very light too Bar is 98 grms stem 95grams (90mm Syntace F99 with all Ti bolts) Didn't weigh the forks seperately but they are around 3 pounds

Yes, grey tyres would look much better than butterscotch's.

Why not go rigid if this is a Weenie project?

18lbs :shock:

My DBR Axis TT weighed in at 21,75lbs with a pretty light (read mainly Ti parts) spec!

Light

Bars/Stem/Shifters/levers/forks are all very light, very light rear mech & Cassette help too, even the chain is the hollow link perforated lightweight KMC one. Ti Skewers are only 44g the set, its surprising what a lot of small changes can relieve in weight.

re:

some thoughts:

stem is to high, cut the steerer more. 3 cogs in front? u need 2, Pace on a GT? sell it, get an 98 Sid or a rigid unit. brakes look fine, wheels to but I don't like the blue in the chainset. an xtr 950 unit would be spot on.

Back