Dagger FS (AMP) – FINISHED!! pics on page 2

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I’ve always loved the clean lines of the ‘strut’ bikes, my favourites were always the Yeti ASLT and Rocky Mountain Edge. Until Archangel reminded me of Dagger when he posted the old MBA review a while back (thanks! :) ) and after a few months of searching I found this tired looking ’98 frame. It looks to me that under the tatty paint and oxidized aluminium is a really sweet, well-made, light frame. :cool:

I’m going to restore it taking the sexy MBA test bike as inspiration but using Amp forks instead of the Judys and maybe lean towards a team look with sponsor logos.

It’s gonna take a while but I’ll keep y’all updated along the way...

Attachments

• Daggermba.jpg
    Daggermba.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6,625
  • Daggerframe.jpg
    Daggerframe.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6,625
very cool, I too love these shape bikes, always have, the best looking FS bike IMHO (except perhaps the RTS?), and the Dagger has that element of exclusivity, rather than the boggo RM Edge - well, except the T.O version ;)

stick a swing link in there & its pretty much a yeti ASR, titus racer X & masses of other bikes. the swinglink is mainly to stiffen up the back end & take the side load forces off the shock... not a massive progression from old to new really is there :LOL:

:D Thanks for the positive comments guys!

The frame and forks are now in bits waiting for the next steps. Spent most of yesterday cleaning solid 10-year-old oil off various parts, evil stuff!

I think the paint is a transparent candy that has been applied directly over the polished aluminium for a bling finish. I must have looked the shizzle BITD but now it's dull and flaking off :(

Nice project you've got yourself there :cool:

I look forward to seeing the results, are you going to try to replicate the original finish or the magazine red/yellow?

jango":2dhq4eyk said:
are you going to try to replicate the original finish or the magazine red/yellow?

I'm going with the red/yellow fade, I've always loved fades on bikes, probably started with the classic Kuwahara ET bmx :cool:

It's all ready to go now – a big thank you to hairstream who gave me great advice on how to remove the cable stops. Just got new decals delivered from Gil (thanks again!), all I need now is to find a decent painter....

Attachments

• daggerhead.jpg
    daggerhead.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 6,306
LeeDevelopment":3j9jseby said:
I 'think' I have a Dagger catalogue somewhere......

Sweet!! :D
Let me know if you find it and assuming you want to sell how much you'd like for it

Cheers!
Neil

Back