Mai Thai Kona's

Kona Paul

Kona Fan
Might as well join the party.

2000 Score and 2000 King Kahuna single speed. Will also put better pictures up when there's some good natural lighting available.

Attachments

• breezer 024.jpg
    breezer 024.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3,443
  • breezer 017.jpg
    breezer 017.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3,443
How do you find the speed kings? And what are those forks?

I rode the speed kings for the first time last sunday and they were great. It was tons of thick mud on the whole trail and they just ate it up. Pretty impressive. I hear the super sonics have a tendancy to get flats, so if you're a heavy or hard rider, you might want thicker tubes...or just the regular speed kings. I didn't get any punctures however. The forks are Fox RL or RLC. The 100mm on the Score from 2005 and the 80mm on the KK from 2006. They're fantastic. Just serviced the 100mm for the first time after four years, only because I switched the fork crowns around, but they were still running great after all that time.

Very nice.

Is the KK 3/2.5 throughout or does it have some 6/4 (or all 6/4 !?!?) like the original KK.

When did Kona stop using the Hei Hei moniker on ti frames?

John":vkyjq5xp said:
Very nice.

Is the KK 3/2.5 throughout or does it have some 6/4 (or all 6/4 !?!?) like the original KK.

When did Kona stop using the Hei Hei moniker on ti frames?

The 96 had 6/4 stays (chain stays at any rate), but all the models after did not. I honestly can't remember if they have 6/4 BB's...I've gone totally blank on that, but if Anthony stumbles accross this thread he will certainly know. I'll probably have to look it up now anyway. I believe 97 was the last year it had both Hei Hei and King Kahuna on the frame, if that's what you mean, John. Otherwise I think 99 was the last year for the Hei Hei as we know it...a ti HT. However they may have had them in the US in 2000? 2000 was the last year for KK's (if you don't count the mystery bikes of 2007) and the only year for the Score, of which there were between 50-75 made according to Kona tech.

Edit: there we go...6/4 BB shell and dropouts.

Kona Paul":2l2f58mz said:
Harryburgundy":2l2f58mz said:
Opps...thought this was a general Ti Kona thread.. :oops: now deleted pics of mine

No, no, join the Kona party. All ti kona's are welcome here. :D Put 'em back up.

Up a seperate thread now...but this is it. Seat post now turned the right way around! :LOL:
DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

Back