2008 DMR Transition 24

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Time for a fall project :cool: Arrived this morning and not in bad condition for a 12 year old frame but . . . how heavy! :shock: I do like a character building frame though :LOL:

p5pb19454655.jpg

Spent the afternoon priming the scuffs and scratches ready to retouch . . .

p5pb19454663.jpg

p5pb19454664.jpg

Initially I'll be cramming a 26" wheel out back but once funds allow I plan on building up a singlespeed 24"er. Owned a couple in the past including this lovely blue one which I only ran 26 (bb height was a bit vertigo inducing with the Lyriks though :facepalm: - I think my 80mm Vanillas will be better suited - fingers crossed).

p5pb8806718.jpg

Love the colours on that blue one. Looks great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this green one. Might give me some ideas to steal :)

Cheers! Took me all day yesterday to tidy up the frame but it's looking loads better now and ready to rebuild.

p5pb19462283.jpg

p5pb19462284.jpg

p5pb19462293.jpg

Headset cleaned up a treat too :D

p4pb19460446.jpg

p5pb19460445.jpg

Little Bullit is now stripped ready for its winter hibernation so most of the parts will be swapped over. Singlespeed FTW! :p

Ei1ZXzXWAAMPVq-

:LOL: i had one, and yes they are heavy, built strong so you can go big.

I think some rigids would suit it better than suss forks though :)

It has to be heavy to deal with all the abuse it should take as a dirt bicycle. I don´t think it is old, for dirt 24" and 26" are better. And this frame will last a lot, I like it :)

Yup a nice pair of Trailblades would look pretty cool but for now it rides well with my old Vanillas reduced to 80mm. More BMX with the taller gearing than MTB but I'm good with that :cool: Parts are mostly late 90's/early 2Ks (Hope/Azonic/FSA).

p5pb19469099.jpg

p5pb19469100.jpg

I had planned on building a 24" rear wheel eventually for a mullet build but the 26er fits fine for now (a narrower High Roller would prob allow a shorter back end) and I quite like the snappy feel with the short-travel forks - I'll save the slackness for the little Bullit.

p5pb19469154.jpg

Looks well all together. I like the chain tension chocks!

How heavy is the frame alone?
My early Rhythm is just under 6lbs, the newer one just over. I was impressed with as Trailstar is over half a lb more!

My Rhythm is the first frame I got to like my 24" wheels in. Curious about 26 in it now, though I have just shortened the CS on the early one!

Ha! Cheers - I figured the wood chocks looked a little neater than tensioners on such long dropouts and the wheel hasn't shifted at all - used to be able to buy BMX shims which fit into the dropouts to prevent the wheel moving forwards but these seem to have fallen out of favor - thick alloy chainring spacers cut in half usually work well on BMX frames with neater dropouts though.

I should've weighed the frame before building - impatience got me again :facepalm: Gotta be over 6lb though.

Loving your Rhythm build - there's definitely something about a green dirt bike. Wish I could afford one of the newer alu Rhythm frames :cool:

Back