** Stooge Scrambler **

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
This will be where my new build appears over time, and as I've sold the Enigma, I've started preparing for its arrival....

My right hip and left knee have been bothering me for a while now, so I made the decision to sell up.... but the more time the thought of not having a bike had to sink in, the more I realised I wasn't quite ready for that to happen, regardless of the pain.

So, one random night while surfing the internet, I discovered what will be my new build.... deposits were being taken for orders for an expected delivery date of September.

It's an all steel affair, frame and forks.... so a blank canvas! :D

The only remaining parts from the Enigma build are the tyres, cranks, bb and seat post.... everything else will be new.

I needed new wheels as it's a boost frame, and decided to go 12 speed for the drivetrain.... if you've seen any of my other builds, you can probably guess in which direction this is heading! 🤦

Last edited:
Re:

Wheels are 12 speed Shimano XTR micro spline hubs with good old-fashioned cup and cone bearings, built with black spokes on DT Swiss 481 rims. I had some custom decals made up for these which arrived today. The Porcupines went straight up first time with my track pump, bonus! :cool:

Attachments

• dtcustom.jpeg
    dtcustom.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,365
  • dtred.jpeg
    dtred.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5,363
  • dt2b.jpeg
    dt2b.jpeg
    955.4 KB · Views: 5,361
  • dt2.jpeg
    dt2.jpeg
    969.2 KB · Views: 5,360
  • dt1b.jpeg
    dt1b.jpeg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 5,360
  • dt1.jpeg
    dt1.jpeg
    895.9 KB · Views: 5,363
Re:

First batch of parts arrived today too :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• firstbatch.jpeg
    firstbatch.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,360
Re:

Brakes are 9120 4 pots and the rear mech is a long cage to allow for the simply ENORMOUS 10-51 cassette.... it's as big as a dinner plate! :shock:

Attachments

• brakes.jpeg
    brakes.jpeg
    898.8 KB · Views: 5,347
  • cass.jpeg
    cass.jpeg
    866.3 KB · Views: 5,347
  • rd.jpeg
    rd.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5,346
Re:

Nice, I was looking at their site recently and was mightily tempted with the Scrambler, but I’m trying to stick to my current number of bikes and there’s nothing on the chopping block right now.

I’m sure it’ll be a looker, you have high build standards!

Re:

XTR rotors and chain arrived today! :cool:

Attachments

• rotor.jpeg
    rotor.jpeg
    859.9 KB · Views: 5,239
Re: ** S----e S-------r **

Added to watching list :D

I think we need to see the bigger picture ;) Sorry, im impatient as hell :LOL:

Re:

Headset arrived today, and rather than the usual CK headset I thought I'd match the cranks and bb with a Cane Creek offering.
Found this old NOS 110 headset for sale on eBay in an aged and tatty looking box, still with the original price sticker!
I didn't pay that I hasten to add! ;)

Attachments

• cc3.jpeg
    cc3.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 5,103
  • cc2.jpeg
    cc2.jpeg
    938.9 KB · Views: 5,104
  • cc1.jpeg
    cc1.jpeg
    760.1 KB · Views: 5,103
Back