THM's "What on Gods green Earth is he planning now" thread..

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
So can I? :?
This 2001 CBR (Claud Butler Racing) Supermoto is by all accounts not much of a step up from a catalogue bike.
Heavy with cheap kit…. Is it worth arseing about with?
Not sure yet… it was as cheap as chips, I’d seen it not sell a couple of times on e-bay so when it didn’t get re-listed I thought a Peach of a PM was required and I contacted the seller. I had a quick ride up and down the street, pointed out what was wrong/missing then gave him a low ball…. ;)

Took it out for a quick blast and it is fun and I certainly own heavier bikes! Looking for inspiration, do I try to get a bunch of lighter kit onto it purely for trail work? Maybe 1 granny ring up front and a large tooth 1st gear?, change the motorbike style shocks for some rockshocks?

This is how it would have looked with disc brakes etc
Ideas and inspiration required from you lot out there…..

Attachments

• ImpulseBuy.jpeg
    ImpulseBuy.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 2,548
  • 1stRun.jpeg
    1stRun.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 2,548
  • CBR Supermoto.jpg
    CBR Supermoto.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 2,548
Re: Can I make a silk purse from a sow’s ear?

You’ll have to find some big (long travel) forks to up grade with -

I’ve seen Raleigh Activators wearing M900 - build it up and ride it, if you change your mind with it - move the parts over to something else and start again.

Let’s face facts here - you, me or even Longun are never going to challenge for a podium place even on the modern Uber light modern bike, so why not build a fun bike to bum around on - Jimmy has the Marin after all

Re:

Risk of offending here..............

I bet Claud couldn't ever in his wildest dreams thought his name would be associated with something like that.

Re:

I'd happily smash that around! My cousin used to own one actually. Dare I say it doesn't look too dissimilar to an Orange Mr O... ;)
Maybe some nice 125mm Rock Shox Psylos and some Deore-level stop and go (period or modern) for build suggestions?

Crap Bike Racing CBR

But like Dave has put - build it up and see - it might surprise yah

Some nice forks, Z1's or similar would make a big difference to the ride, lighter wheelset and a few cheap XT parts would make a difference too.

Like above, if its not for you then you still will get money back for parts or put them on something else.

Retro Spud":1bllzuw3 said:
You’ll have to find some big (long travel) forks to up grade with -

I’ve seen Raleigh Activators wearing M900 - build it up and ride it, if you change your mind with it - move the parts over to something else and start again.

Let’s face facts here - you, me or even Longun are never going to challenge for a podium place even on the modern Uber light modern bike, so why not build a fun bike to bum around on - Jimmy has the Marin after all

Yeah this one’s just for fun... I have two other serious builds in mind for MM’20.

Oaklec, no offence taken, though from what I’ve read about my Lord & master, if he could make money from it he’d flog it..

Mkone, Dave & Spudley... I’ll take some measurements and put out some wanted feelers later.

I’ll do a before and after weight check as well....

Re:

The day my Ozone build finally crashed & burnt, I pulled this out of the back of a scrapmans wagon & built it using bits from the garage of woe in a matter of afternoons.
It's currently the usual hack till it finds a new home as I don't have to go through a ton of locks to get it out, rides well I'm kind of fond of it. So I'd say you can easily do the same.

Attachments

• 62057762_10157197872448397_5359650746209927168_n[1].jpg
    62057762_10157197872448397_5359650746209927168_n[1].jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 2,524
Back