The Jekyll has landed!

Twister

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The Jekyll has landed at work (and I confessed its existence to Mrs Twister)!

Taking it home (via the pub). Where it was much admired by the bikey bar staff :D

Looking to go by 1 x 11. Probably M8000.

Does anyone know, can I run a 11 speed cassette on the existing 9 speed freehub?

Attachments

• D3CED650-2CAC-43BA-AE37-D225F40F2994.jpeg
    D3CED650-2CAC-43BA-AE37-D225F40F2994.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 918
Re:

I was investigating this a while back. My conclusion is that unless it's a mavic rear hub, then you need an 11sp freehub. Mavic freehubs always had a spacer which could be removed, so when 11sp came along they were ahead of the game (probably by accident).

This was research on road hubs so may not be true of mtb so hopefully someone can confirm/deny.

Nice jekyll. Have been tempted by them myself after discovering the rear shocks fit an sts with a bit of a mod.

Got a spare manitou shock for one if you need one.

Twister":p6frjlkv said:
Does anyone know, can I run a 11 speed cassette on the existing 9 speed freehub?

Yes you can run 11 speed without any issue, I run an 11-42 on my Black Sheep :cool:

Re:

Many thanks both, my initial research had inclined to think not but I now understand that there is s difference between road and mtb freehubs in this respect.

Presumably due to the 5mm difference in rd and mtb dropout spacing.

I’m going to try a friends M8000 cassette on the XTR hub to be sure before I order the groupset.

Re:

Hi Twister.

I had one of these nicked from my locked garage last week :(

I'm pretty sure yours isn't it, but please can you confirm you got it from a reliable source.

For the record, what you have is a Cannondale GoodBoy 35th Anniversary edition. There were only 300 made (yours looks like #030, mine was #007). Originally came with unique polished XTR chainset, mech etc. ELO Lefty, Hutchinson Scorpion tubeless tyres, and a second set of 700c 23mm mavic wheels (which I still have). Cost £4600 in 2002.

Enjoy building it up, but make sure it is well secured.

Re: Re:

imp":24whrpto said:
Hi Twister.

I had one of these nicked from my locked garage last week :(

I'm pretty sure yours isn't it, but please can you confirm you got it from a reliable source.

For the record, what you have is a Cannondale GoodBoy 35th Anniversary edition. There were only 300 made (yours looks like #030, mine was #007). Originally came with unique polished XTR chainset, mech etc. ELO Lefty, Hutchinson Scorpion tubeless tyres, and a second set of 700c 23mm mavic wheels (which I still have). Cost £4600 in 2002.

Enjoy building it up, but make sure it is well secured.

Hi Imp,

Firstly, let me say that I’m sorry for your loss. Always a shame to lose stuff to thieving scumbags. Thanks for the advice regarding security.

What was your experience of it as a rider? How did you find the Scorpion tyres? (I’ve seen mixed reviews online) Did you ride yours much with the 700C wheelset?

For your information I bought my Goodboy from a forum user who first advertised it in November 2016.

It was previously advertised on this form in December 2015.

I’m not thinking of it as a Goodboy edition (though I will keep the limited edition decals) because I bought it without the limited edition polished XTR groupset and so it is the same frameset and fork as the Jekyll 3000 of the same year.

Without wishing to profit from your loss I might be interested in buying the 700c wheelset. So, if you’re not fortunate enough to be reunited with your Goodboy, please do keep me in mind.

If you were the original owner of your Goodboy, I wonder do you have any information that you would be able/prepared to share. Owners manuals, reviews etc.

I understand that you’ve got your bike back. Really pleased for you. I hope that it wasn’t damaged in any way.

Now you’ve got it back, maybe you could post some pics on here.

Re:

And so the build begins. (In a very small way.)

The seat post is a silver Thomson and it occurs to me that I have Thomson seat post clamps in the correct size in both black and silver

Original:

Silver:

Black:

Black again:

I like both black and silver, but i’m leaning towards the black one because it breaks up the sea of silver and mirrors the black headset cups.

Thoughts from the hive mind...

Attachments

• 88ED26DF-225F-4E1A-B35B-9CF424DB776F.jpeg
    88ED26DF-225F-4E1A-B35B-9CF424DB776F.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 793
  • 43C44E01-2031-495C-B4E0-7004FEEB4E24.jpeg
    43C44E01-2031-495C-B4E0-7004FEEB4E24.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 793
  • 5EEF3477-1C5A-4BF2-A0E3-BD0435C6E8B3.jpeg
    5EEF3477-1C5A-4BF2-A0E3-BD0435C6E8B3.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 793
  • AA7070B8-5FC0-4545-8139-C28C39947D81.jpeg
    AA7070B8-5FC0-4545-8139-C28C39947D81.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 793
Re:

Hi Twister,

Confirmed the bike has been found and it seems to be ok. The police forensic people need to check it over for 'dabs' but after that I can have it back.

I wrote a long post to you last night about my bike, did you see it?

imp

Re: Re:

imp":2jgx36ik said:
Hi Twister,

Confirmed the bike has been found and it seems to be ok. The police forensic people need to check it over for 'dabs' but after that I can have it back.

I wrote a long post to you last night about my bike, did you see it?

imp

Hi Imp,

Can’t see any message from you. Where did you post it?

PM me or maybe post on this thread (or start your own), it’d be good to see more Jekylls on the forum.

Back