New here! My marin wildcat trail project

Barrboo

Retro Newbie
Hi guys new here!
This is my wildcat trail project I believe it is a 1998 model.
This started out as a £30 frame with original coil shock which I have had powder coated gloss black and fitted new bearing etc.
I managed to buy another Marin, a b-17 which I removed the xfusion air shock from and also a club roost saddle I then sold the bike on.
I have a full xt chainset from another Marin, a mount vision with a stuck bb and also some hope mono mini brakes.
Also managed to pick up a bike from a friend which had a hope headset and head doctor, Fox 32 talas forks, hope front hub xt rear with what I believe are mavic rims.
It’s nearly now ready just brake mounts and cables, grips and a bb and it’ll be done.
Any other Marin fans on here? I have a soft spot for these old full suspension ones

Attachments

• 6FEDC847-91B8-4D5B-A678-4AD97F250F27.jpeg
    6FEDC847-91B8-4D5B-A678-4AD97F250F27.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,228
Finally sorted pictures!
This is the mount vision which I started out with (will become a project) I took the xt bits off this one.

Here is pictures of how the wildcat trail looks now.

Then some decals have been added

Re:

Looking good :cool: I like the look of these frames and they seem to be a bit of a bargain !
Wasn’t it the first full suss to win an Xc championship bitd ?
Paul

My first FS bike was a 1997 Rift Zone. I loved it and had it 'til 2015, though it was on it's third of everything ie. frame, swinging arm, shock, forks. It was about the first FS bike which was affordable and actually worked. I much improved it with a Marzocchi Bomber coil fork which increased the travel from 78 to 150mm.

Re: Re:

shinobi":1nd35pvw said:
Looking good :cool: I like the look of these frames and they seem to be a bit of a bargain !
Wasn’t it the first full suss to win an Xc championship bitd ?
Paul
They can sometimes be bought very cheap! I’ve had 5 of them!
I’m not sure about that though I’m not old enough to remember! Haha

Duxuk":1bic12fl said:
My first FS bike was a 1997 Rift Zone. I loved it and had it 'til 2015, though it was on it's third of everything ie. frame, swinging arm, shock, forks. It was about the first FS bike which was affordable and actually worked. I much improved it with a Marzocchi Bomber coil fork which increased the travel from 78 to 150mm.
I had a b-17 for years when I was younger great fun bikes! Mine had those crappy rst high5’s. What replaced yours?

Barrboo":ft5jbj8a said:
fotorat1":ft5jbj8a said:
Would mind sharing how you did the paint job - I need to strip and paint my JW2 !
I had it blasted and powder coated which only cost £30!

WOW was that mates rates or what? and what type of business was it please, probably too far away from me in North Wiltshire to take too the place you used - but I have been getting stupid quotes 10 to 20X that much!

Back