cortintheact

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I'm Stuart from basildon, Essex.
Just discovered the forum by chance.

Not ridden much since I passed my driving test 12 years ago and sold my bikes, but hoping this summer is when the current crop of bikes are pressed back into action lol.

I'm presently recomissioning a 2006 Kona Cinder cone, rebuilding my 2001 Schwinn Mesa GSX, and deciding what to do with my 2000 Kona Blast and 2001 Schwinn Mesa GS frames.

I'll get some pics up shortly, the bikes are at work as I don't have much storage space at home at present. I thought the pics were on my phone but apparently I'm wrong.

Welcome.

There isn’t much storage on here either so you may have to resize your pictures too.

Welcome, looking forward to seeing some pics :)

mark

Re:

The Kona Cinder Cone, acquired from ebay for a mere £50. Originally was just going to be a spares bike, but now I'm keeping it.
20180604_083919_resized_zps8xn5m7u3.jpg

The Schwinn - Ive had a thing for schwinns for as long as I can remember. First bike I built myself was a Schinn Moab SL. I ordered the frame in when I worked at Halfords after leaving school. That bike ended up buried in many different bushes, hedgerows and various trees and still kept going. I loved it so much that I then built another one, and a Rocket.
20180604_083747_resized_zpsfyechxnk.jpg

And the 2000 Kona Blast - not sure what I'm doing with this atm. The dropouts bent so probably not a lot for now :LOL: The paints faded quite a bit on it so id like to paint it, I can match the mungo paint as I work in a garage and we have a good supplier, I'm just not keen on removing the decals as I cant replace them
20180604_083754_resized_zpslngtb1ja.jpg

Back