DeKerf Elysium - Complete :)

Mike E.

Old School Hero
Well, acquired an absolute dream bike a week ago.

DeKerf Elysium Ti :)

Ser: DEK 2202
19.5"
Ti gusset so the frame can handle a 100mm fork.

DeKerf%20Ti.jpg

dkTi%20rear.jpg

Found some CrossMax Sl's at a local used shop, so pretty happy with that.
Have a new Shimano XT 1 X 11 drivetrain that I'm going to put on it.
Found some RF Turbine cinch cranks - picking up Monday.
Ordered an A2Z rear disc brake adapter as the frame has that good old Hayes 22mm odd-ball mount. Have some SRAM X0's that will hopefully fit.

Fork - the missing piece right now. I have a feeling I'm going to go visit Chris DeKerf for some new decals for the frame and while I'm there I have a suspicion that I will put down a deposit for a Ti Tuning Fork - YIKES!!!
So I'm trying to find a decent fork in the meantime to get this baby built up, as I was told it'd be a year for the fork. I had a nice DeKerf painted Judy SL that was unfortunately about 3/8 of an inch too short in the steerer tube...sigh. It's off to a new home to be enjoyed though.

Anyways, it's a work in progress and am itching to get it rolling :)

Re: DeKerf Elysium

:cool: looking forward to seeing this get built

Have you thought about some blue sid's? even though i do like the sound of full rigid :)

Mark

Yes, blue SIDS have crossed my mind.
Being a bit of a big guy though, Bomber's do come to mind, or a Fox Float

Not too picky at this point.
Whatever comes up just might be it :)

Re:

Looks good but I would be careful with the a2z I had 1 on my old heckler and it worked ok but it would move(rotate) quite easily if the break is applied while rolling back and your dropouts look smaller than mine. Not trying to put you off, just a heads up. Is there no special mount that will convert to is or post? I know there where a few different mounts for the old hope “c” callipers

Re: Re:

Timoth27":3d4mfpwj said:
Looks good but I would be careful with the a2z I had 1 on my old heckler and it worked ok but it would move(rotate) quite easily if the break is applied while rolling back and your dropouts look smaller than mine. Not trying to put you off, just a heads up. Is there no special mount that will convert to is or post? I know there where a few different mounts for the old hope “c” callipers

Thanks for the heads up.
I was hoping to be able to find something that would adapt to a post, but haven't found anything.
If worse comes to worse I'll get the frame 'corrected' to standard mounts.

Re:

Ah really need emojis on the mobile site as I have a rather red face now. Really sorry ignore everything I said. I just assumed you meant this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2393448649

What you have ordered looks like it will do a great job (assuming you have IS Calipers) I look forward to seeing it built up.

Well at least I’ve learnt a couple of things tonight.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wow what a frame!

what era judy? i may assume 98 i may have a just crown /steerer/ lowers that are obviously used but would let you use the dekerf lowers......cost of postage....

patersondj":wqv5q5r9 said:
wow what a frame!

what era judy? i may assume 98 i may have a just crown /steerer/ lowers that are obviously used but would let you use the dekerf lowers......cost of postage....

I think the Judy was newer than a '98, plus it sold pretty quick when I posted it locally.
Thanks for the offer though :)

Back