Tiny bikes are like buses: '05 GT Hans Rey/'16 Kona Shred 24

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Following on from my request for a new (tiny) project, I'm impressed that Parcelforce braved the millimeters of snow to deliver this today :cool: Paintwork and lacquer is in need of some mama tlc so should keep me busy over a snowy weekend.

2005 GT Hans Rey ltd edition trials frame . . .

p5pb15652914.jpg

Eventual plan (if I can keep it that long - you know the score :facepalm: ) is for a rigid forked, 24" wheeled trials-esque build but I'm sure that impatience will get the better of me before then and I'll be poaching parts from my little Transition for a test ride.

Re: 2005 GT Hans Rey trials frame

:D

Front end now looking tidy . . .
p5pb15655579.jpg

Still a bit of work to do though . . .
p5pb15655581.jpg

p5pb15655582.jpg

Very nice. Some 24" wheels with hookworms would be very nice

Yes, I've run them on a few of my BMX builds. If I decide to swap the parts from my Transition in the meantime it could be interesting cramming a 2.35 Swampthing into that short rear end :shock: :LOL:

Looking a little better . . .
p5pb15657782.jpg

Should probably have sanded the chainsuck area down but it'll get wrapped anyway to prevent further damage.

No, a combination of acrylic mix and Sharpie actually :? Googling GT team blue/factory blue/ink blue failed to reveal any paint matches and the acrylic mix I usually use was too matte, so I figured I'd give it a go. Several layers and a polish in between has given a reasonable result with the added bonus that it should be easily removable with solvent should I manage to get hold of a decent colour match enamel. Most of the cosmetic damage is to the super-thick lacquer which has chipped and lifted giving a cloudy appearance but it seems to absorb the ink pretty well.

Back