Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 am 
Retro Guru

Headshock forks are back in bits waiting for a new air can - fitted 110 Speed Carbon and Love it so its staying.

Hope 1.5 gold stem

Monkey Lite Risers

Rear wheel is now tubeless with Bonty Jone Mud - 819 (nos) and Hope hub with Dt Comp spokes.

Front wheel is very old 819 on Comp Hub 24 hole with 2.4 Trail King

I was lucky with this frame as it the rear doesnt bob at all with the 10w oil in and 225lbs. Infact I would go as far to say that it rides so well, that, if I had my time again I would buy a new one.

I use the dropper alot as its quite hilly near me so eventually I might get a remote dropper for it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:33 am 
Retro Guru

Nice Build , always liked the Super V's , and the way you went through the build prosses and made it your own . How does it ride ? , i only have hard tail Cannondales , F800 lefty , and a Delta V and a beast of the East .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 pm 
Retro Guru

#royboy it rides like a peach, I have set it up so I can ride seated into 5" kerbs and it just rolls up them. I get a little bit of bounce off the rear tire - but thats to be expected.

Bear in mind that I gave it new swing arm bearings and new shock bushes and new Ti Shock bolts - I like to ride a low gear and crank hard (which on other bikes makes the frame flex) - but this defies belief - it is rock solid and doesnt flex at all, Even if i have to stand up to pedal!

Then if I want to spin up a steep rough climb - I dont get any pedal bob - sometimes I glance down to see whats going on and the shock is work away independant of pedalling and soaking up the bumps without me feeling them.

Then if we roll down a rough steep hill it works in a way which inspires confidence and begs you to go faster.

It feels and rides VERY light and on steep climbs I have slide forward to keep the front end on the ground.

Mine is a 21" and it fits me like a glove.

I have family in Poole and sometimes bring a bike with me to go into the Purbecs - could bring it next time and you can try it - but you will be hooked!

I also have a Delta V hard tail (DV700) 1993 but I would really like a 93 Full sus like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-D ... 663.l10137

I also have a 2002 Jekyll, 2009 Rush, 2018 Moterra.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:57 pm 
Retro Guru

Thanks for the kind offer but i think my days of charging over the Purbecs are over and more like a plodding off cross country these days , but as you say a 21" would fit like a glove , my lefty is a large which would be the same size , i have two Cannondale lefty forks and a USE SUB fork going spare , oh help me someone :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:29 pm 
Retro Guru

Nearly finished , got the rear disc lugs welded on , still feels a little small , will try a Thomson lay back set post and see what happens , or try and fined a Large Frame , just the frame .....