mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just thought i would share a couple of pics of my '08 Prestige SE, No36 :)

I am selling my Blizzard and before i sell some of the parts i thought i would put them onto the Orange frame as its just been sat around looking nice but lost :(

Also i wanted to start trying to get a little fitter for the upcoming Retrobike weekender, i havent rode a bike since last year and am missing out on a few retro rides i wouldnt have minded attending.

Anyway, the pics, iwill add some out in the sun, it was sunny when i started building it up but due to a couple of niggles it was getting dark by the time i finished :roll:

Mark P1010327 (Medium).JPG P1010325 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: Orange Prestige

just a couple more from after a quick ride the other day... P1010411 (Medium).JPG P1010409 (Medium).JPG P1010409 (Medium).JPG P1010407 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Another ride pic.

I notice the single ring, or lack of others, more on this than on other bikes. Think it might be down to the lighter weight and quicker acceleration as i seem to spin out more, deffinatly not me getting fitter thats for sure :LOL: P1010470 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

WWC":2u91xrr7 said:
Very nice chap, classy build.

Thanks, i really need to get out more though :roll:

cherrybomb":2u91xrr7 said:
What size cassette & ring are you using?

If you're spinning out, try finding some bigger hills. :D

:LOL: not sure of sizing but its always going to be a compromise and this set up seems to be a good balance between the flat and the hills. It was just compared to other heavier bikes really where i never really found the limits as much as on this :)

Re:

My Solaris will spin out and that is running a 34T up front and an 11-40 cassette.

I still find I run out of gears on steep long climbs though & am about to try one of those new fangled (yeah I know) Absolute Black oval chainrings in 32T.

I guess I could go back to 2X10 - but where would be the fun in that?

I have been riding this for a while now and as its about to be retired (new frame on way hopefully) i thought i would post a couple of pics and a brief ride report.

Prestige tubesets have to be my favourite amongst countless others i have tried. For me personally they just seem to work with me in all situations and its hard to find any faults.

This Orange Prestige is no exception, it is a joy to ride and does everything i have asked of it without problem. It makes the ride that bit more enjoyable, a great asset especially as im recovering still and need all the help i can get to stay motivated.

It floats over rocks, which are in plenty here in the Peak District, i have to mention the cheap-ish Exotic rigid forks i have been running as they have worked way above my expectations also, wouldnt hesitate to recommend them. The frame climbs so well, seems very well balanced when the climb gets technical and keeps just the right balance of power transfer and flex at all times. I also have to mention the tyres as they, despite their appearence, grip in most situations.

So, a great frame, one hopefully my new frame will match, and which i will miss. I will never get rid of it, it will be cleaned, polished and displayed and given to my daughter, who likes it because it says Orange on it :cool:

Mark P1010989 (Medium).JPG P1011008 (Medium).JPG P1011006 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Resurrecting this as the bike may be getting recommissioned, maybe even in time for the upcoming 98+ BoTM in August, here -

Latest posts

Back