Rare shit to adorn my steed...

coreygun

Retro Guru
My favourite out of all my bikes is my Metalhead, and it has slowly been getting more period 'ultimate' parts (in my opinion). I just wondered what other parts from around '98-'00 people think would go well on it. What were your favourite dirt jump parts from that era? I

In this guise, the bike has Z1 Dual forks, Hope Bulb hubs on Halo rims, BMW Shinburger pedals, Hope C2 brakes, Profile Flywheel chainring, (I also have Profile cranks and Azonic Ultracross bars & Shorty stem that I might swap onto it from my other MTB). I always liked the Tioga saddle with the white stripe too, which would look nice on this.

IMG_5229.jpg

Im lucky enough to still own my spooky which I rode from that period. I’ll post up spec later as it’s quite high spec. Mainly because anything cheap used to break and dirt jump parts weren’t as available as they are now.

Just bought a second frame which I’m trying to build up cheap but not got many bits sorted yet. Looking for inspiration still on how to spec it.

My spec is

Z1 CR forks
Azonic chubby bars
Azonic shorty stem
hope c2 pro brakes ,
24inch Sun rhyno on big un hubs
Kujo tyres
X-lite pss1 and Seatpost
XTR mech
Profile cranks and chainring
XT cassette
V12 pedals
Chris King Headset

They certainly do! I thought about using them for my Chameleon but some Fox 36's came up and I couldn't resist. Enjoy!

Back