Kinesis Tripster AT

Johnboy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The bridleways here and just about everywhere else in the UK are like swamps at this time of year, as I'm sure you are all only to aware, add to that the clay soil in Sussex and I've just started finding it all a bit tiresome. But there are some well drained hardpack paths which you can link together with the nice quiet roads in this part of Sussex where you hardly see a car (I've never been happy cycling on the road, too bloody dangerous in my opinion), supposing you had a bike that was reasonably good for both?

So I thought I would build me one of them dang-fangled 'gravel' bikes (used to be called hybrids but the marketing departments didn't like that :LOL: ), and here it is. Just been out for my second test run after a few adjustments and it felt pretty good. I've never ridden anything with drop bars before and it just feels weird, and the brake levers aren't where I expect them to be, I keep grabbing handfuls of air!

Attachments

• DSC00345.JPG
    DSC00345.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • DSC00344.JPG
    DSC00344.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • DSC00343.JPG
    DSC00343.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 1,222
Re:

Looks good. I've been really happy with my Kinesis (FF29). I wouldn't have drop bars though -terrifying things!

Re:

Looks great! I see you're using a Wolftooth Tanpan with the XT mech, what shifters/levers are you using?
I really like my "gravel" bike, and like you I was not used to drop bars, but for the sort of riding I do on mine I think they're spot on with a bit of outwards flare on them.

Thanks, it's a bit out of the ordinary for me, but I'm getting used to it. I'm not entirely sure about the drops myself, we'll see.

what shifters/levers are you using?

I'm using Shimano ST-RS685, so needed the Tanpan to change the shift cable ratio, seems to work well.

Hello Max, still working in Burgess Hill?

It's still early days but they seem strong, light and well built, so far nothing to dislike. Oh, they're also nice and round, which I find helps!

Back