1995 GT Psyclone

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Snapped up this beautifully fillet brazed GTX Psyclone yesterday [which could probably do with paint] to remind me of the one I owned back in March of 2007 that I took on the Inaugural Retrobike Meet that I flew back from Australia for.. No, I really did..

So, first up, I need some help identifying the YOM of this Frame, which [checking thru the RB Archives] could be 1998..? First year [post U Brake era] without the Canti/V "Hoop" on the Seat Tube..

➡️ http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... 1998-2.pdf

I hope it is a '98 [or later], because then I can stick my Favourite SetUp on it; 68mm SIDs, XTR M950, Crossmax Gen1.. :twisted:

Attachments

• s-l1600 (14).jpg
    s-l1600 (14).jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 2,742
Re: 1998 [?] GT Psyclone

Here's the Psyclone I rode in '07.. :cool:

[Actually a little embarrassed at the 3DVness of the Build :shock: But hey, live and learn and develop..]

Attachments

• GT_1.JPG
    GT_1.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 2,733

You lucky barsteward!! I had a Psyclone in that exact colour back in 94/95 - one of the nicest riding bikes I ever owned!

cce":hl7wmx80 said:
decals are 94, 95 ish
tonybrown5":hl7wmx80 said:
You lucky barsteward!! I had a Psyclone in that exact colour back in 94/95 - one of the nicest riding bikes I ever owned!
So I guess it's a '94/'95 then..!

XTR M900, Judy SL and SPINs then :p

Aha, found it in the 1995 Catalogue.. :facepalm: It's a '95.. :cool:

Love the look of goodogbuck's '96..

Attachments

• GT Psyclone 1.jpg
    GT Psyclone 1.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 2,719
I just found this in an eBay search for completed listings and had hoped that it hadn't sold! I know how much you got it for... ;)

gradeAfailure":3c6zyo2x said:
I know how much you got it for... ;)
Yeah, £20..There ya go, now everyone knows ;)

There was no subterfuge, just didn't wanna boast.. But damn it felt good nailing a bargain for a change..!! :cool:

Now I just need to find a shagged/well used XTR M900 equipped donor bike! Anyone..?

Back