Salsa El Mariachi 29er plus build

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Inspired by The History Man's own Salsa El Mariachi, I bought myself a nice El Mariachi frame of my own. After keeping it in storage for over a year, I'm now officially starting the build with the arrival of the first batch of components from the internet :xmas-big-grin: If the weather allows, I'll use this to ride from Porto to Santiago de Compostela in the autumn, and if it works for me I'll use it for some longer events next year, perhaps even the Tour Divide if I get my act together.

For the moment, I've committed to 29+ on the front with my Fargo V2 fork, and 29x2.35 on the rear. The 8 speed groupset will be nothing special, mostly spare modern bits I have lying around after other bikes got upgraded.

The colour's pretty funky, but I may have it repainted in something extreme like a splatter job at a later date if I really like how the bike rides. Below are some pics of the frame and fork.

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

Re: Re:

shedobits":lo35s72w said:
Santiago de Compostela is on my bucket list, if you do the ride this autumn I'd love to see a thread on here.

As it happens I was just downloading some GPS tracks for the route! Yes, I'll definitely make a thread here to document the trip.

Well i suppose it is technically tomorrow.......

It sports an XT 9 speed triple mech.

Back