Saracen obsession

martyn855

Dirt Disciple
Just finished this one,took me 19 years to get it from the original owner,could this be the only one that exist? Never seen another and heard they never built any? Any info would be helpful :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2,219
I have one of these frames. It has taken me years to find the name and model. After many times of looking for hours I came across the Saracen catalogues this eve, it is there in 1998. Obsession. Omg! at last. I had been looking for the wrong model I remember being told it was a Saracen Rush when I purchased it from a stall in Newham Park outside Plymouth during a downhill comp weekend in the late 90’s it has no decals and supposedly had been set up for a racer but not used it. I had got it set up and used it a little on Bodmin Moor, it flew, but then shock went flat I never pumped it up, so I stripped it again. I’m gonna build it again.

I own one of these. It has hardly ever been used and is in very good condition. It has XTR derailleur,mavic wheels, Ritchey saddle and ritchey titanium handlebar. The only change that has been made since I bought it from new is I put on Hope disc brakes. I have had it since new ,so can vouch for condition and use.
As I really haven't used it owning to the fact I prefer road biking , I am now looking to sell it.Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Re:

that’s great to hear someone else having one be great to see a pic off it,as I have seen the 1998 Saracen catalogue with it in but it’s quite a different bike.

My Saracen Obsession is being offered on Ebay ( put Saracen Obsession in) by the bike shop that I use in Tetbury. They have added a few pics.So you can see what it looks like in the flesh so to speak!
Thanks

Found it,it is the same as mine apart from the hope brakes and your rear triangle has the v brake bosses on which mine does not,have you had any interest in it?

I have not checked as if I keep looking at the posting , the shop thinks it is other people rather than just me being nosy!
Difficult to judge as although rare and fairly unique , design has changed .
Be interesting to see what happens.

Back