Marin B17 2000

djjinx1

Dirt Disciple
Bit of a Frankenstein but he's mine and I love him :p

Manitou DC and Fox Vanilla.
F.U.N.N Rims and Stem.
Hope Brakes all round.

Yes the paint is bad I know but don't have time for a decent rebuild.
Stickers were changed as they were in bad shape. Oh and the tyres are VERY marmite I know :)

IMG_20170217_153234.jpg

IMG_20170217_153245.jpg

IMG_20170217_153343.jpg

IMG_20170218_165326.jpg

IMG_20170218_165406.jpg

Aaaah, this is the one with holes drilled in the swing arm.

Check the routing of rear gear cable and brake hose, i think i can see two unused cable stops on th side and one unused on left. There should be no need for cable ties.

Re:

Not going to lie..I want that bike. Only sussed Marin I ever owned was a shoreline trail. Unfortunately it was way too small for me so had to let it go :(

02gf74":2osfpfze said:
Aaaah, this is the one with holes drilled in the swing arm.

Check the routing of rear gear cable and brake hose, i think i can see two unused cable stops on th side and one unused on left. There should be no need for cable ties.

Yes this is one :) Now with coloured blue dome screws and some strong epoxy!

I am pretty sure the cable routing is broken hence the cable tie. Though I will co-ordinate that as well.

MarinMartin":2osfpfze said:
Not going to lie..I want that bike. Only sussed Marin I ever owned was a shoreline trail. Unfortunately it was way too small for me so had to let it go :(

Its a great bike, the Vanilla shock is bulletproof. Frame too (pretty sure the swing arm was strengthened circa 1999), Get one with a Monster T if you can, the Xvert DC is more than good enough for me however. Pretty sure its been rebuilt so lucky me, it also came with a spare for parts!

Re:

Got a B-17 frame and swingarm and a little pile of parts i keep on adding too here! :) In keeping with benandemu's build (which made me get a B-17! :D) i am hoping to get it running with modern-ish running gear so i've got some 2x10 XTR bits, a brand new Fox CTD rear shock i got off eBay which was a pull off a new bike. The swingarm is going away soon to have all the old brake mounts machined off and the guy is going to machine up some mounts and weld them on so it will take a 180mm disc and post mount caliper as standard. Quite liked the pearl effect white as original on the front triangle so i've found a place that will powdercoat the frame and swingarm in a pearl finish as well.

Its a slow burner though, and not helped by the fact i've just found myself with its slightly broken 2nd cousin twice removed here...
:D

2ahflvn.jpg

PS if you have a set of swingarm and shock bolts etc i could buy or borrow to get copied, PM me!

Re: Re:

jon.bda":1egp081q said:
Got a B-17 frame and swingarm and a little pile of parts i keep on adding too here! :) In keeping with benandemu's build (which made me get a B-17! :D) i am hoping to get it running with modern-ish running gear so i've got some 2x10 XTR bits, a brand new Fox CTD rear shock i got off eBay which was a pull off a new bike. The swingarm is going away soon to have all the old brake mounts machined off and the guy is going to machine up some mounts and weld them on so it will take a 180mm disc and post mount caliper as standard. Quite liked the pearl effect white as original on the front triangle so i've found a place that will powdercoat the frame and swingarm in a pearl finish as well.

Its a slow burner though, and not helped by the fact i've just found myself with its slightly broken 2nd cousin twice removed here...
:D

PS if you have a set of swingarm and shock bolts etc i could buy or borrow to get copied, PM me!

If I ever win a spare frame (which I'm after!) I will sort you out :)

Treated mine to some new bits, not all were Retro however!

Bar End Caps, Seatpost, Post Clamp, XT Hub, Tires and Sram Guide RSC + Elixir R brakes.
And a few stickers and paint touch up....
IMG_20170302_170333.jpg

IMG_20170302_170345.jpg

IMG_20170302_170357.jpg

IMG_20170302_170408.jpg

you know you can rotate the banjo at the brake calliper to get better routing of the hose by undoing the bolt just enough so the banjo can be turned?

02gf74":1ce4gja2 said:
you know you can rotate the banjo at the brake calliper to get better routing of the hose by undoing the bolt just enough so the banjo can be turned?

I didn't but will do that thanks :)
For reference which bit is that?? Sorry if that sounds silly

as below

On the rear, allow at least 10 mm distance between hose and brake disc, last thing you want is for the disc to wear through the hose!!

Attachments

• 2012-avid-elixir-7-caliper-closeup03.jpg
    2012-avid-elixir-7-caliper-closeup03.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,046
Back