mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, this will be a (very slow) build thread for my RM Blizzard. The frame is the '02 model and i believe it was the first year it had a disc tab. I have had the frame now for quite a few years and due to a lot of changes to my life, injuries, family etc, i honestly dont know if i ever rode the frame 🤦 Anyway, a friend, who is a big 853 fan, has been after it for a while and i am currently having a clear out so thought it wouldnt be right to not at least ride it, and remember, once :) I havent decided on all the components as yet but will be using mostly what i have available, so will probably be a mix of oldish and newer parts, we will see.
Enough of the talking for now, here are a couple of pics of the frame, i hope you enjoy.

Mark P1010118 (Medium).JPG P1010117 (Medium).JPG P1010113 (Medium).JPG P1010115 (Medium).JPG P1010111 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: 2002 Rocky Mountain Blizzard build

A few more pics of the frame, as the sun decided to shine :xmas-cool:

Mark P1010127 (Medium).JPG P1010125 (Medium).JPG P1010124 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Some Ritchey WCS parts i have for the cockpit. Not sure which bars yet, will try both and see which feels best. P1010123 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

A couple more shots, the batteries died on the camera before i could try different bars :roll:
The forks are on only so i can mount the stem and try the bars, i will probably fit a pair of fox forks i have. And the headset is only resting together, no bearings or race fitted.

Mark P1010135 (Medium).JPG P1010134 (Medium).JPG P1010133 (Medium).JPG P1010132 (Medium).JPG P1010131 (Medium).JPG P1010130 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: Re:

yeti_bomb":23lgv2b9 said:
Looking real good.

Thanks :) im hoping i can get it to look, and ride, reasonably good with just parts i already have, even though i have already discovered i only have one seatpost that fits :roll: which i didnt expect, and its bright blue/turq :facepalm: guess im going to have to buy one if i cant find one.

Mark

Back