** Ibis Tranny 29er - ENVE **

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
time to start the latest build thread, this will be updated as the build takes shape and the budget allows!

loved my 26 Tranny, fitted me like a glove, so when looking for inspiration for a new build i came across this pic, and decided that i'd build something similar/familiar :cool:

Attachments

• Tranny29.jpg
    Tranny29.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 4,542
Re:

so managed to track myself down a beautiful Large frame in a colour they call Marine Layer, a grey with a hint of blue, lovely colour!
frame came wth a 12mm rear axle but no cover plate for the direct fit front mech, that was an extra i had to buy!
also supplied was a very nicely produced hardback handbook :cool:

Attachments

• tran3.jpg
    tran3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 4,540
  • tran2.jpg
    tran2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 4,540
  • tran1.jpg
    tran1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4,540
Re:

first part of the build arrived and was duly fitted, was paranoid pressing it into a carbon frame, kept waiting for an almighty "CRACK!!".... but it went in perfectly, albeit with the bottom cup ever-so-slightly off centre :facepalm:

Attachments

• tran4.jpg
    tran4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 4,538
Re:

my last two builds, the Salsa Ti and the Ritchey 650b were both rigid carbon forks, my plan was for another Niner fork, but an RDO this time. luckily as it turns out these are not available any more, so i turned my attention to the ENVE fork that was in the picture i'd found ont' tinternet. fortunately, i managed to track one down just this morning so that is how it's going to be built! :cool:

Attachments

• Ritchey.jpg
    Ritchey.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 4,534
  • SalsaTi.jpg
    SalsaTi.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 4,534
Re:

managed to get some lovely wheels with Stans Arch rims and DT Swiss 350 hubs courtesy of 'Crazyknowledge' on here, new and unused and very light too, i'm delighted with these!

Attachments

• wheels2.jpg
    wheels2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 4,532
  • wheels1.jpg
    wheels1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 4,532
Re: ** Ibis Tranny29 **

That colour is amazing. Really unusual! No chance of any shocks on the front?

Re:

almost pulled the trigger on 120mm Pikes, but i really enjoy the feel and weight of rigid forks, the ENVE is supposed to be very comfy too. But £450 rigid instead of £680 suspended has freed up cash for other things like a CK press fit BB and matching ENVE sweep bars, so it's worked out great from that point of view!

Re:

That frame is a lovely colour & their head badge is a work of art.

That's going to build up into a proper nice bike. :cool:

Sounds like a good compromise with the CK and Enve parts. Really looking forward to seeing it finished, as with all your builds it's going to be cool!!!

Very interested in this build, i have a 26'' Tranny which i absolutely love, like you said it just fits like a glove, i have a 29er Orange Clockwork which i use in winter, but its no where near the spec. of my Ibis, so I've wondered what a high end 29er build would be like, I'm not jealous at all :evil: it looks very nice by the way :cool:

Back