tIB's Pace RC200 build

tIB

Senior Retro Guru
Another dream bike on the way: rc200 f8 incomming in anodised red (not my favourite colourscheme but hey).

I'm between building this one as my main xc or my road ride, which would mean switching my rc300 back to 26" wheels since it's the next size up- I'll have a look at the fit first and see how it feels... either way it's win!

Expect a non period build with added colour - red, yellow and black probs, possibly with some splashes of carbon...

Not 100% sure on what the plan is yet, but thinking red, yellow and black colour scheme, 700c wheels and some fairly modern parts... Basically a combination of bits lifted from my rc300 build and the maxlight- The 300 will become my xc and the 200 my roady. Probably.

Carbon seat tube on the 300 and rear v brake bosses on the 200 I think- there may be more?

Ive been pretty impressed with the lightness of both so far!

Trying to play it cool with this build: it involves a rather big switch around of two currently working very nicely bikes. Imagine this will present something of a can of worms, so I'm trying really hard not to be impatient, to the point where I'm almost tempted to digress from the original plan and slowly buy bits over time... bit silly though so we'll see!

So I went to make a start on things today and subsequently decided to leave it a while for now- whichever comes first out of selling something else or moving.

I stared at it a while and took this:

2016-09-23_11-44-51 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Those arent the forks that will end up on this btw- were going to be a stopgap until an order arrives.

Back