Dyna's ever changing Ti

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
This time its purple :D

Now, I was sure I'd already opened a thread on this bike, but i cannot find it. So in order to enter the botm this will be it from now on.

First purchased in a rather hurried manner(it was a bargain that clearly wasnt going to hang around), via gumtree with the help of one of the macretro, who picked it up for me.
Information was sketchy to begin with and ive never really found out that much about it, although i do know where it was made and roughly who made it. Nothing can be wholly verified though.

Made for an Interbike show, held in Poland, possibly somewhere between 2005 and 2008. Likely to highlight a new company/builder.
No decals other than a magura decal, mounter equally left and right side. Too accurately applied, which i think was for the brakes in the show, rather than added later.

From my research i think its made in a Russian factory the Guy from Seven cycles visited and its in his blog. OR one of the companies i really cannot mind who for sure. Pretty sure it was Seven. I cant say if it was a showcase for showing manufacturers the level of workmanship, where they would then have their built/welded there and shipped on, but i think it might have been

Anyway. Its made in OT4 Ti, which is quite a high end one and mirror polished. Disc only. Welding is superb, as good as anything ive ever seen.
I think you'll agree its strange with its almost Roadie steep seat stays.
Size is 20.1/2" (odd as a 1/2", which is why i think its built in CM/MM rather than inches.)

Pic. Then il add some more descript.

Attachments

• RIMG0227 (Custom).JPG
    RIMG0227 (Custom).JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 804
  • RIMG0228 (Custom).JPG
    RIMG0228 (Custom).JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 804
  • RIMG0224 (Custom).JPG
    RIMG0224 (Custom).JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 804
Current set up is.
(The '2016' is stuff ive bought new for this build)
Frame: OT4 Polished Titanium
Fork: White Brothers Solid rock carbon
Headset: CK Ti
Stem:Thompson elite(BETD purple anodized)
Bars: Controltech risers OS
Bar Ends: Hope Purple 2016
Seatpost:USE Alien alloy 420mm
Saddle: Orange Enduro
Cranks: Truative X9 2x10 2016
Front Mech: Sram X9 2 spd 2016
Rear Mech: Sram XO 10 spd 2016
Shifters: XO 2x10
Front Hub: Hope ltd edition XC purple(built up new for this build)
Rear Hub: Hope Pro4 Purple 2016
Rims: Mavic X517
Skewers: Hope QR Purple 2016
Tyres: Michelin RunR 1.4" 2016
Brakes: Hope Tech X2(bought new 2012, first use)
Brakes custom ano by Rampage* not Hope.
Rotors: Hope floating 183/160mm 2016

* Because then Hope goes and brings out a bloody ltd edition Clockwork with bloody ltd edition purple X2's :evil:
The swines, and after all they said about purple too :evil:

Really just the occasional Sunday bike, when the weather is sunny.
Nice to ride and surprisingly quick off the mark.

Latest posts

Back