GT Zaskar 1998

I picked this up on "Shpock" £50

A bit of a mishmash of parts but i'm just getting back into MTB's again so was on the lookout for a bargain fixer-upper.

Ive stripped it and got it back to aluminium "nightmare" as it had a naff spray job, i thought it may have been hiding something but luckily its not too bad underneath. Just needs polishing and rebuilding.

Eventually try and get it back to catalogue spec when funds allow. On Bikepedia its mostly XT (M739) with an XTR Rear Mech (M950)

On LX at the moment apart from the front brake which seems to be Alivio.

Attachments

• 201605dfdfdfdfdfd14_154907.jpg
    201605dfdfdfdfdfd14_154907.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,375
Re: Re:

kyle888":qt87gh64 said:
Joe_Rides":qt87gh64 said:
Looks a steal at £50 mate.
Probably was a steal... :facepalm:

:LOL: just a thought.

Kyle

Ouch!

So every bargain is a stolen bike. To be fair i met the guy at his house, met his neighbour who was the one that built it up for him a couple of years ago.

He just wanted rid of it, it was in a bad way just sat at his workplace because he didnt get to ride any more. shocks seized, covered in dirt, bad spray job, brakes not working, brake blocks worn, stem bolts seize etc etc..................

Re:

Not saying all are but just gets you thinking when things are cheap. Especially naf paint job and mish mash parts.

Sounds legit then so hope the build goes well. Love a nice Zaskar.

Kyle

Re:

No worries. I get what your saying. These days though i think its mostly parts as bikes are normally stripped down.

Re:

Outside our bubble it's an old bike that needs lots of work. Fifty quid is fifty quid.

Anyway this looks decent. Get the autosol out!

Re: Re:

coomber":3344sfml said:
Outside our bubble it's an old bike that needs lots of work. Fifty quid is fifty quid.

Anyway this looks decent. Get the autosol out!

Cheers. Been at it this weekend. I've been using PEEK. Never used Autosol is it better. I see most on here use it.

I've replaced all inner and outer cables with new white ones and given her a real good clean. Just put it back together. Had a nightmare with the stem and the seized bolt. Had to hacksaw it in the end. Put a Raceface Deuce on in replacement as half a seized screw is stuck in it. If any one wants it I'll send it on for postage. It's the original Kore Lite, all stickers have come off it now though.

Bike seems in good nick.

Quite chuffed, I finally fullfil my childhood dream of owning one.

Re:

They take some getting used to. I didn't gel with mine but think of it a lot and regret moving it on. Should have given it more time.

Should be nice once all together.

Back