Raleigh Special Products Division Titanium

Haylock1974

Retro Guru
So...this is my Raleigh Special Products Division Titanium...

I believe the frame originates from around the mid 90s and the Look carbon fibre forks were included as part of the frameset. It was in an unused mint condition when I chanced upon it.

I decided to go for a semi-modern groupset, for performance and aesthetics, and went for a Campagnolo Record 10-speed from around 2007.

Wheels are H Plus Son Archetype rims (which I love and have on another of my bikes) around Campag Record hubs from the same era as the groupset.

Seatpost, stem and handlebars are Thomson. All finished off with a Fabric Scoop Pro Saddle.

Hope you like it!?

Attachments

• Camera 002.jpg
    Camera 002.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Camera 001.jpg
    Camera 001.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,381
Re:

Nice.

Looks similar to an R800 frame, but without the paint and flame job.

What's the frame number, that will help date it.

Re: Re:

NeilM":27ogdn4f said:
Nice.

Looks similar to an R800 frame, but without the paint and flame job.

What's the frame number, that will help date it.

Frame number is K23128.

Have tried to figure out what that means but without much success!

Any ideas?

Re:

I seem to remember that A was 1980/1 so K is 1999/2000, which is the last year frames were hand made in Nottingham.

We used to have a member on the forum who was production manager at the time, but I haven't seen him on here for a while.

The R800 was the titanium race bike sold by RSP at the time, the R700 was similar but in Reynolds 853 tubing. The Reynolds frame was also sold as a frameset (I have one) which was the 853... imaginative title ain't it. It is quite possible your frameset was also sold that way.

Is it painted? Or is that a bare titanium finish?

NeilM":3jywjegt said:
I seem to remember that A was 1980/1 so K is 1999/2000, which is the last year frames were hand made in Nottingham.

We used to have a member on the forum who was production manager at the time, but I haven't seen him on here for a while.

The R800 was the titanium race bike sold by RSP at the time, the R700 was similar but in Reynolds 853 tubing. The Reynolds frame was also sold as a frameset (I have one) which was the 853... imaginative title ain't it. It is quite possible your frameset was also sold that way.

Is it painted? Or is that a bare titanium finish?

It's a bare aluminium finish.

That dating would probably make sense as I have seen an identical frame on another site which apparently was purchased new around 2000.

Re:

Aluminium?

Given the title of the thread, I thought it was titanium.

If it's aluminium, the year would still be right, but the model number would be different.

NeilM":2m1dt0nh said:
Aluminium?

Given the title of the thread, I thought it was titanium.

If it's aluminium, the year would still be right, but the model number would be different.

Sorry...its bare Titanium not aluminium.

Back