Orange Clockwork 2007 (003/200)

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
2007 Orange Clockwork. 003/200.

I won’t make too much of a song and dance about this bike trying to tell you the reasons why I love it, I just do. I wanted this one a while back when it was put up for sale but didn’t have the funds or permission, although forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission, I decided to wait. It was then put back up for sale a little while ago (September 2015) I decided to move on some stuff and have a punt at this.

It turned up from Mr Brocklanders Retrobike cave which made me very happy. I only had a set of wheels and a few older bits to throw at it, so I set about getting bits and pieces to finish it off.

I have taken a bit of time, but here it is.

Clockwork number 003 of 200 in the classic clockwork colour scheme.

The build:
Clockwork Frame (003/200)
Pace RC 31 forks
Orbit XL2 headset
Crank Bros Iodine Stem (65mm)
Crank Bros Cobalt Bars (620mm)
Crank Bros Cobalt Seat post
Crank Bros Cobalt Saddle
Crank Bros Cobalt Grips
Mavic X317 Rims
Black spokes
Hubs Deore rear/Hope front
Tioga Psycho tyres 26 x 1.95 (conti tubes)
XT Brakes
XT shifters (9speed)
XT rear mech
Deore front mech
Race Face Evolve cranks.
I need to replace the seat collar with a Crank Bros one.

Oh, and it's got a Shark Fin.

That is about it.

Love them or hate them, they are iconic.

I have re-joined the Clockwork Club.

Mark

Attachments

• Clock 001 (6).JPG
    Clock 001 (6).JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 1,846
  • Clock 001 (5).JPG
    Clock 001 (5).JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Clock 001 (4).JPG
    Clock 001 (4).JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,849
  • Clock 001 (3).JPG
    Clock 001 (3).JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Clock 001 (2).JPG
    Clock 001 (2).JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 1,846
  • Clock 001 (1).JPG
    Clock 001 (1).JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 1,846
Re:

Was just thinking about this bike the other day. Great build, really like it and had planned something similar myself but ran out of room.

What do you think of the ride? :cool:

Re:

I love the ride, it feels really positive and nimble.
I tried to explain this to Mrs Maverick. She didn't understand. I tried to explain that all bikes ride differently due to a whole number of factors. She still didn't understand, I left her with her Candy Crush game and made a brew.

I like how it's turned out, It was how I wanted it without busting the bank to get it done in weeks.

I may even ride it, a little.

update

I finally replaced the front wheel with a matching X317 disc rim so that it matches the rear. Now i just need to replace the rear hub with a Hope so that it matches the front.

Tonight I added a little bit of gold bling to the bike too in the way of a KMC gold lightweight chain and a brand new Rear mech.

I also fettled with the brakes and changed out the pads for some nice green Organic pads that have resolved the brake squeal. Thank god, it was really annoying me.

I really don't ride this one very much, but I do enjoy looking at it.

Oh, i added some Union flag dust caps too that CRC had on offer. I know they are a bit cheesy, but its a British frame after all. They are just a bit of fun.

Attachments

• Gold chain 01.jpg
    Gold chain 01.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,379
  • Gold chain 02.jpg
    Gold chain 02.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,379
Re:

i have number 200/200, had since new, after 5 years i had it refinished exactly as original in eluding the 200 decal, rides so nice that i had my custom frame based on it.

awesome bikes
:D

Back