On One 456 evo2 Ltd edition

JamesLee

Retrobike Rider
So I bought this frame middle of last year from a chap on eBay, more or less unused with some slight paint damage to the near side dropout. Slowly since then I've been building it up with bits and bobs from all over the place, I don't have an extensive knowledge on the newer stuff but what's on at the moment feels pretty darn good and having something with 120mm is super comfy! First impressions of modern steel frames is extremely positive, it's a very forgiving ride, it feels light to pedal and I'm looking forward to some drier weather so I can test it out fully!

The frame

The forks

The Drive
(rear mech now a Xt 10 speed as for some reason 9 doesn't work)

The build

adding disc brakes

Currently need to cut the brake hoses down to length and it's done!

Looks well James love the colour I've just won an inbred off eBay tonight can't wait to get it :)

Cheers dude! they feel proper awesome mate I'm well happy with it, rather more upright seating position than the older stuff feels like I'm sat in an arm chair haha!

Thanks chaps, booked a weekend away in the Lake District doing helvellyn and high street mountains. Wanted to build something comfy with a bit of travel for the rocky bits and a few friends have on ones so they nudged me in this direction, currently it's in our LBS to sort the brakes out as I've no idea when it comes to discs!

Back