Yeti SB75

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this frame up off faber on here and very glad I did. Am still waiting on parts for the final build but some stuff so far.

Been looking for something reasonably modern with 650 wheels and ideally that I could put the shock off my Orange onto. All the way from France and doesn't disappoint. Always been a Yeti fan but never owned one but had a good look round their stand at the bike show at the NEC and it was one of theirs if I could get one cheap or a Santa Cruz Nomad which I doubt I would ever find cheap.

Have used Race Face cranks exclusively since the late 90s but Hope ones have reviewed well and got some at a similar price for what I would have sprnt on RaceFace so went for them. Most of the stuff going on is Hope with SRAM for gears as 1x10. Got a great deal on some used BOS Deville forks and it will take my other shock.

12B5890B-C160-4632-9539-2F7548F570A2_zpsrxqmwtvk.jpg

CB17D717-3DB1-4C21-93CE-B067DCB014EC_zpscizsgwoh.jpg

1518002D-46B2-47AD-BF7F-3BE01C6871F4_zpslme4rnu6.jpg

Re:

great frame. I have a feeling that the reason they went to the rube goldberg rail linkage after the SB-75 is 100% due to legal pressure from santa cruz..

Re:

Wheels turned up today. Hope Pro 4 Enduros. Rims look nice and solid and the hubs look a little different to the old Pro 2s. Came with QR fitted and a 142x12 adapter for the back and the 15mm adapter as for the front and a few spare spokes. Impressed. Like the new rotor design as well.

E7BE9452-3D1F-4945-B061-00C9BAC8FCD2_zps7d52o04o.jpg

Very promising build! :)

Curious to have your feedback on the bike once you have tested it.

Do you plan to use an adjustable seatpost?

What are the spokes on the Hope wheels?

Re:

Spokes are Sapim double butted and there are 32. Not decided on a post yet but looking at Reverbs currently.

Re: Re:

34henry3w":334cnanc said:
great frame. I have a feeling that the reason they went to the rube goldberg rail linkage after the SB-75 is 100% due to legal pressure from santa cruz..
also that the switch bearings wear out really fast. I had a sb66c & wore out 3sets of bearings in 3months. the inner switch bearing, that the whole back end is attached to, is tiny.

Re:

Not as light as my Five was but not too heavy. Still
Got mech, shifters and chain to go on yet. Thanks!

Back