Hello Retro bike

MrMsisle98

Dirt Disciple
Hello there im new so thought i would tell you what i have so in 1996 i saw the prototype Orange Msisle for the first time at PORC " penhurst off road club " and team orange was there with there rider Tim Pointing and out he pops with this mental box section frame and i fell in love there and then and being in the trade i nagged and nagged orange until they finally took an order from me promising to build 150 frames in 14" / 16" half in orange half in silver so i ordered a 16" in silver and in December 1998 mine was made no97 of 150 handbuilt originals and like triggers broom its had 7 pairs of forks 5 pairs of wheels and every component part changed several times and has live at every uk address ive ever lived at. So now at 35 and currently running 2010-2014 components ive decided to retire it and rebuild her back to my original 1999 spec so have been hunting out all the parts and im a few bits short so looking for some advice and help with my project :roll:

Re:

just trying to workout had to add an image ???

also just as an intro ive been mountain biking since i was 10 so 1990 and my first serious mtb was an 18 speed rocky mountain then in 1991 i discovered i lived in the same town as second level sport who ofcourse were the original uk KONA distribution centre was so no surprise my 2nd 3rd 4th 5th bike was a KONA :cool: the first being a 1991 second hand cindercone then a new 1993 cindercone then explosive and everything else up until about 1995 then i got a job in a bike shop where i worked till 2002 ive also worked for Dawes cycle group so have been in and out the trade for a while nowadays i sell vintage toy cars and real cars so nothing to do with bikes :facepalm: wish i had stayed in them game to be honest cars are grief :oops: Now at 35 and a very lame fairweather rider and father of two i have just retired the msisle and bought a 27.5 wheeled Orange Crush as toe paths country parks and seaside tracks are all a family man like me gets time for these days so i just want to re kindle my youth by rebuilding my favourite bikes the way i had them so the msisle is one project the other is my 1990 GT Performer with full Pergrine spec :D

on the full editor theres a box that says choose file select file from pc and then click add the file the img is for pictures direct from the internet

i think thats done it here is my bike afew days ago before the stripe down

Attachments

• 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 594
  • 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 593
and here she is in 1999 when i took it out for the first time

Attachments

• 1999 first outing.jpg
    1999 first outing.jpg