Intense M1 build-FINISHED!

ciderlad65

Retro Guru
An Intense M1 build has probably been done loads of times on this forum but I'm new to the site and thought I'd share the build, so I finally got it built up to rolling chassis state and thought I'd take some snaps and see what you guys think?? Raced DH late 90's early 00's on a GT STS then a Marin DH and always wanted one of these, but the price (£2500 for frame only) was a massive no no for me, so I've been steadily getting a few bits here and there and the result is thisGot a set of Hope Endura 4's to go on but they need attention, pistons are stuck in the calipers and pads are shot, would Hope still do a strip down/service on these?? not sure about the silver seat post and Azonic bars have too much rise and mayb could be silver/polished to match the seat post,just what I had in the garage, I have another full set of original decals and would like to have the frame and fork legs and crowns blasted and polished in the future, comments/advice welcome, thanks for looking Tony

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,410
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,410
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 1,410
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,410
Re: Intense M1 build

I think keep the fork black and go with a black seatpost, the silver of the MRP and hope brakes will be enough. It looks so cool all black and red, it makes the sidewall of the IRC tyres really stand out.

Cheers Ollie, you could be right about the seat post, keep kidding myself it looks ok! :facepalm:

:cool: very nice.
I was the same, could never afford £2500 for a frame. After a few years I ended up with two full bikes and a frame for less than the cost of a frame. Cracked one, sold one, but kept the best bike :D its the mark 3, or 4, can't remember which off the top of my head :roll: same as yours. If ever I sort a camera I will post up pics. Photos of all my dh bikes are on pink bike though.
You probably already know but don't run your seat post below the hole as it will hit the shock ;)
Up until I got my Sunday I still rode my old M1, used to run mine with fox 40's amongst others.
I always fancied polishing one of mine , but having gone through stripping and polishing a previous frame, it kind of put me off :LOL:
Post pics if you do get it done though, its been resprayed already otherwise I might have said leave it.
And as someone else said, all black would look good :D

Mark

Cheers mkone, it is the last of the M1's (5th element shock) and yes the frame has been stripped and powder coated and new decals applied, its like new save for a small dent on the down tube, was thinking of getting the spring done red/silver???

ciderlad65":jf8kwrhl said:
Cheers mkone, it is the last of the M1's (5th element shock) and yes the frame has been stripped and powder coated and new decals applied, its like new save for a small dent on the down tube, was thinking of getting the spring done red/silver???

Only just noticed the spring. Usually come with ti spring. You can pick them up fairly cheap nowadays. Are all the threads OK and original? Most M1's I've come across have been repaired. Took me a while to find ones with original threads. What colour was it before the respray? My old black one I sold had a small dent on the down tube :D

Mark

All threads are good, its a fox spring so it has been replaced from original, don't know what colour it was originally as i bought it of a chap on singletrack and he'd had it stripped and powder coated, replaced all the bearings, then applied the correct decals which i have another set of (a black and yellow set) maybe it was black, i would have like an earlier frame but this was immaculate

Always wanted the original shape with team chain stays, and that version has got to be polished :D really hard to find now. And also the intense mag wheel rims. :D

Very cool, thanks for posting it up. Agree that the bars look to have too much rise but the rest of the build looks ace.

Thanks Steve, yes the bars aren't right, I've got a good pair of silver set of Azonic chubby's but the're a funny diameter (28.6 or something stupid) and i want to fit 25.4, so i'm on the lookout for Answer Pro Tapers or Easton monkeys maybe?

Back