The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
My best friend Brian, a fellow longbowman and budding anti-socialite would often visit me and admire the bikes and builds in the shed. He quite recently retired from his profession but bought a boarding kennel with his partner in Wales. Anyway, to cut to the chase, he vowed to buy himself a bike and join me on a few rides on his second retirement this January. He had a few supposedly minor health issues that set him back a bit but we hatched a plan to get him back to good health. Sadly, his condition became serious over the summer and resulted in his swift and untimely passing in August.

Yesterday i was contacted by his son as Brian had mentioned to him that I should have his bike. A bike I'd never seen. So this morning I picked it up. Brian was a bit of a gadget freak with a collection of RC helicopters, kites, fishing rods, cameras, electronics............ I could go on. The set up speaks for itself. :)

The bike computer registered 37 miles. Surprised he got that far!

So Brian, I'm buggered if I'm using it with all that sh*t all over it, you mad b*stard! I've stripped it back, made a few minor changes from the spares box and plan to use it as a wintery wet weather rider and guest bike with a nod to you each time i swing a leg over it. Will get a suitable decal made I think.

Take it easy buddy.

Re:

Also sorry to hear about your friend buddy. It's hard to take in when they're no longer around.
I hope you enjoy many a ride aboard his bike.
And yes Brianondback sounds appropriate too

Take care mate ;)

Mike

Thanks Mike. One of those guys who was always turning up with something new and novel. Teaching us to fly the helicopters in the lounge with the dogs looking on will never be forgotten. :facepalm:

So sorry to hear about your friend Brian THM as he sounded like a real all round top guy and i suspect he'll be keeping his eye on you when your out on the bikes and i'm sure you could get a nice tribute sticker made up for the Briamondback ;) ..

The History Man":2c3fhteh said:
Just ordered a little pair of BRIAMONDBACK with union flag stickers in white.

That's just awesome mate and i look forward very much to seeing them on the BRIAMOND :cool: ..

Re:

Sorry to hear that mate! That's a real shame. Nice idea with the sticker and I'm sure he'll be glad to see it getting some more miles!

Back